Oxycheq & Deco Bcd Help Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlphaDiver

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I have a new Oxycheq Mach V and DECO sidemount bladder. I notice both are from same manufacturer. They have the same OPV valve. They also have same problems of OPV leaking.

The new bcd both after fully inflated will leak by 70% over the span of 24 hours. After testing both, the bcds are leaking right at the OPV valve. I had tried to open up the valve and notice that they are white in colour and cannot be remove like the generic OPV valves in the past. Is there anyway to fix the problem?

I have tried to insert a higher tension spring and clean up the area for the rubber gasket but to no avail. Is this the manufacturer issue? Anyone care to advise?

I have the same issue but less air loss (~30-40%) with my two 30lb mech V wings which were purchased online.
The online dealer was kind enough to send me spare OPV, but later I noticed the OPV seat cannot be removed.

I took it to my LDS and they said that it is fine as long as no obvious air leak.
I also bring them the spare OPV and ask if they could replace it for me.
They told me that the OPV seat is built-in and probably I will need to replace the whole wing instead of the OPV only if there is really something wrong.

Hi YCC, my LDS said the same thing. I find it very strange that Oxcheq had decide to use the welded on opv instead of the modular. Yet they are still selling the modular parts.

It will be very taxing to keep remembering to pump air every now and then to counter the air loss underwater. This is really design problem.

Well I think this is not likely to encounter air leak under water unless you fully inflate the bcd under water

I have done a dozen of dive with the wing and
I usually puff very little air in it and I rarely notice any air leak,

I tried fully inflated the wing on water surface, no air leak and I am fine diving with it.

I am not sure about this but I believe the welded OPV is their older stock?

This 2 bcd I bought are new stuff. I hope it holds air with 2 tanks on.

I have same issue with my 30# mach V chroma series wing, the dealer has replaced a new OPV for me, but the problem is still not resloved. Did you any suggestion to solve this problem?

I have same issue with my 30# mach V chroma series wing, the dealer has replaced a new OPV for me, but the problem is still not resloved. Did you any suggestion to solve this problem?

This problem won't solve by itself. I had test it by switching it to the corrugated hoses with inflator on over the OPV. I inflate it to max and the air holds for many days without sign of leakage. It is obvious the problem lies on the rubber gasket on the OPV. Even changing the spring to a tighter ones or replacing the new rubber gasket is not solving the issues.

The only way is to minimize the leak by using a used rubber gasket that had been eaten in by the shape on the opv. That had help the leak to a certain extend. Hope this helps.

I email this problem to oxycheq, they reply as follows:

'When we test the wings in shop, we fill them up until the dump releases ... at 5psi internal pressure.
When there is no external pressure (like in the water), the dump will not seal and a very slow leak will result.
After filling your wing, pull on the dump to release the pressure and seat the seal. One quick pull is all that is needed. '

This mean normal of the wing leak?

This is my test video

I got the same reply as yours from Oxycheq. Given up on calling them for help. I tried everything I could. The best I can minimize the leak is what I mentioned above. I had seen the new oxycheq bcd in the LCD all have the same issue. After full inflation, it will deflate till it becomes only 25% of air left inside. Although you don't need much air during dives, it will be a problem if you are on the surface waiting for boat or rescue. You need to keep manual inflate to keep it filled up. Anything you can PM meet on this topic discussion.

Back
Top Bottom