Oxygen Analyzer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken

He Who Glows in the Dark Waters (ADVISOR)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey, Sports Fans !!!

Anyone on the board have any experience with the OMS O2 analyzer? I'm considering the purchase of one.

Thanx . . .
D

My LDS where I do most of my fills started using one about 6 months ago. It is the model with seperate air flow meter. I like the way it works as it seems faster to final analysis than their previous unit. I'm thinking of purchasing one also.

The Kracken:
Hey, Sports Fans !!!

Anyone on the board have any experience with the OMS O2 analyzer? I'm considering the purchase of one.

Thanx . . .
D

I bought one a few days ago but still have yet to use it. LDS gave me a great deal here in town, but I am still waiting on the flowmeter to show up. I will try to get back to this thread once I have some more knowledgable information on it's performance. From what I can tell it looks like it's going to do a fine job.

Matt

The Kracken:
Hey, Sports Fans !!!

Thanx . . .
D

I have had mine for about an year and half. I use it all the time and have never had a moments trouble. Good choice.

DSAO

We use one in the shop where I am working. It seems to work fine. Only thing I don't like is that the calibration knob is so touchie. But after reading how these things work, I don't think much can be done about that.

I have used that unit for about 7 months and love it. Like deeplou said, the calib. knob is horribly sensitive. Just make positive you got it set before analyzing the gas! :11:

I'm glad I didn't buy an O2 analyzer.
At this stage of my Diving One that does O2 and He would make more sense.

Is Trimix in your future?

Hmmmmm . . . .
. . . good point, Tavi!

Well........the cost of an He analyzer is certainly a factor in that decision.

Depending on how and more importantly WHO is doing your trimix fills, an He analyzer isn't near as important.

Not that I have done piles of trimix, because that certainly isn't the case, and although I have had my mix checked with an He analyzer a couple times, it's not the worry that an Oxygen reading being "out" would be.

Some of the more learned folks here would probably tell you the same. Honestly, the He being out by even 5%, which is a gross blending error, wouldn't be catastrophic at all, which includes your decompression schedule, for a whole pile of gives that your "average" tech diver will ever do.

Bottom line.........I'd never purchase an He analyzer at current prices. I have and will continue to dive Trimix without analyzing the He content, but NEVER without analyzing the O2. You can also infer a fair amount of He "value" off of the O2 reading, there again, depending on "how" you mix, this can be more or less accurate, but more than accurate enough.

Caveat: If there's an He analyzer available, of course I'd double-check. It's in my nature.

Regards

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom