• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Oxygen sensor for a continuous blending system

Discussion in 'Compressors, Boosters and Blending Systems' started by scubapeter, Sep 8, 2019.

1. scubapeter

scubapeter Solo Diver

# of Dives:
    After years of partial pressure blending, I am looking to switch to a nitrox stick. I mostly use 32 percent so the pros of continuous blending outweigh the cons. I have two oxycheq expedition oxygen analyzers that I would like to use for continuous blending. Does anyone know of a way to remote the sensor from this particular analyzer? I have only used it with the sensor mounted inside of the unit. Looking to avoid any unnecessary purchases.

I am also interested to know if anyone has personal experience with using wiffle balls in lieu of the more traditional baffles. In theory, they would produce a great deal of turbulence.

My compressor is a Bauer Capitano, it does now and always has used synthetic oil. It has a p0 primary filter and a Lawrence Factor Hyper filter as a secondary.

Thanks in advance for your comments and opinions

2. KWS

KWS ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    wiffle balls work great,,,,, I use an oxycheck el-cheapo to monitor the blending content

3. KWS

KWS ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
  4. RayfromTX

RayfromTX Student Of Gas Mixology Staff Member ScubaBoard Sponsor

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    I found an old teledyne O2 sensor with the sensor removed on eBay with a new sensor for 125$. I would go that route again.

5. aviator8

aviator8 Photographer

# of Dives: 25 - 49