PADI advanced; never received my card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I shudder to think what will happen if the Rescue PICs get to PADI before the AOW PICs.
Richard
Will make no difference whatsoever, as long as the dates are correct (i.e. AOW was completed prior to RD).

I love the online registration, it's so much better than the snail-mail version. I can submit a PIC request and the student often has the card waiting for them by the time they get home from their holiday (for UK residents anyway).

Don is correct, instructors should send the PICS within 7 days of completion but for some areas of the world the postal system is so poor or logistically challenged (such as Republic of Maldives) that the safest way is to give it to the students (not adhering to standards I know but ...) to post on their return home.

I talked to QC at PADI yesterday and, duh, of course it doesn't matter if the Rescue gets there first. It is the instructor's responsibility to see that the student has met the prerequisites and it could be met with a different agency. No problem on getting the Rescue cards issued. If the shop sends in the PICs..

Three and 1/2 weeks and PADI still doesn't have the AOW paperwork. However, PADI QC was going to call the shop and remind them of the requirements. I still have hope.

My memory fades but I think the NAUI shop in Singapore had our permanent cards for us either immediately upon completion or very shortly thereafter. I don't remember getting irritated waiting and I'm not a patient person. And these weren't the cheap cards like SSI used to give out where the shop laminated over the top of a photo and c-card. No sir, these were embossed cards, a lot like credit cards. No pictures but who cares?

Richard

Back
Top Bottom