Padi Divemaster top score swim times?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not reading where anyone is giving him crap about wanting to score as a 'swim champ'.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but standards for an agency say if you score X on the watermanship tests you pass this portion of the DM course. As an instructor or LDS you can say, if you want to DM for me/us you need to score Y, if you score X I can still certify you.
IIRC, my examiner told us they (PADI) or he used to keep the IE watermanship records. FYI, I was not close to setting any records.
Good luck, I hope you do well.

To achieve a perfect score on the swim tests, what are the times needed?

I swam competively in HS, but that was 13 years ago

Under 6:30 for the 400

Under 14:00 for the 800

If you want to ace it, they are the times to beat. I know where you are coming from but the real issue beyond the need for physical fitness is the ability to function as a DM. Good luck and start swimming.

I am not reading where anyone is giving him crap about wanting to score as a 'swim champ'.

Scott the 2nd post says why care and the others talking about it doesn't matter. Those are not exactly supportive post for a guy just wanting to do well. I stand by my interpretation of the tone but to each his own.

As far as a dive shop saying it. An employer can have any standard he wants to hire but there is a number on this board that say you shouldn't be a DM period if you can't get at least 3's on all of the test. That is what I was refering to.

end -- by referencing the 2nd post, I will assume you are referring to mine. I'll repeat my position -- being "perfect" on the physical tests is meaningless in my opinion. Swimming fast doesn't mean diddly to me and has very little relevance to the skills needed to be a DM.

OTOH, getting only a 3 on the skills is a "whole 'nuther ballgame." I would hope that a DM would get mostly 4s or 5s on the skills and I, for one, would have my DMC work very hard to perfect her skill set if all she got were 3s.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom