Padi Divemaster top score swim times?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, why does anyone care about getting a "perfect score" on the physical tests? Becoming a DM isn't about being competitive -- it is about learning how to be a DM which is NOT a competitive activity. To the contrary, being a DM is all about working together with the rest of the instructional/diving team.

@ Peter Guy, thanks for your input but you seem to be misinformed of the question. I know exactly what it means to be part of an effective unit and work as a team player. Did it in the Marine Corp. and do it everyday at work, simply trying to get what times I need to be shooting for. That way I know how to develop my training plan, without a plan and goals what do you have? Nothing wrong with wanting the best, correct?

dantfarley,

Your status shows you as a DMC. Do you not have all the information?

When I took the bar exam after law school, there were 2 grades- pass and fail. Yet some of the takers went and looked up their tests to find their specific actual score, and some posted their scores on their resumes! I do not understand those people, but I understand wanting to do the best. So, for dantfarley's convenience (and that of anyone else who cares), to get maximum points in the timed events, you need the following:swim 400 meters in 6 minutes 30 seconds; snorkel 800 meters in 14 minutes, and tow/push a tired diver 100 meters in 2minutes 10 seconds. Please do NOT post your times or points on this forum or on your resume. The rest of us old timer pros will not be impressed by them, whatever they are. However, do tell us about your 200th dive, your 500th dive and your 1000th dive!
DivemasterDennis

BTW, After the I.E. PADI shreds all the scores so nobody knows and cares how you do there either just that you passed/failed.

That last post seems like hogwash.

The DM testing info stays in the student file folder. PADI Instructors are told to keep the file folder for 7 years. Most boxes of file folders just pile up in storage.

PADI has nothing to do with the student folders. :idk:

Pull your head out :shakehead: and re-read my post - I said after the IE PADI shreds the results - I said nothing about the DM student files and yes I was told this directly by PADI HQ.

I see other post on here saying everyone in the DM program should score X or there not fit to be a DM. Then a guy comes on saying he wants to go for the best and he gets crap for it. If that's your goal, good on you and good luck. Attitudes of wanting to be the best in any of the test stuff is all good. Good luck with the program too, it's a great experince. :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom