PADI members expelled

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They don't unless you mean instructors. Even that's pretty rare, as I understand it.

Wasn't there a thread a while back where a PADI instructor got reprimanded for gross standards violations and PADI demanded the student return his c-card because he wasn't taught to standard?

They don't unless you mean instructors. Even that's pretty rare, as I understand it.

A certified diver is NOT a PADI member.Only Divemasters and above are..Can easily be terminated as members by standards violations. Happens all the time. Not as rare as you think.

I can't recall seeing an issue of the Undersea Journal where at least one member was not expelled. Nine members were expelled in the last quarter of 2012 and an equal amount suspended.

Failure to adhere to PADI standards, gross negligence resulting in serious injury or death, fraudulent advertising and business practices, criminal conviction of abuse of a minor, a criminal conviction involving sexual abuse are some but everything goes through a quality management process to determine the final course of action

and9744, there's a difference between a PADI diver and a PADI member. You are a PADI diver, holding a certification card that never expires and which you will never be asked to surrender, no matter how you conduct yourself as a diver. As a scuba instructor who provides training and issues PADI certifications to divers like you, I am a PADI member, and I pay annual membership dues as well as adhere to a code of conduct (which includes teaching to standards) in my professional capacity. If a PADI member fails to live up to the code of conduct, s/he may be expelled, as a last resort, from the membership rolls.

What everyone else said. I have only ever heard of DMs/instructors getting expelled, and it's usually for some seriously bad **** (we had one up in our neck of the woods about 15 years ago due to sexual harassment of a female student for example).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom