PADI OW manual in Tagalog language

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beachboy-704

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm very pleased to announce that PADI Asia Pacific will very soon be able to meet a very long time request from many PADI professionals in the Philippines and that is to create and produce the scuba diving manual for the most popular and most wanted scuba diving course in the world - the PADI Open Water manual in Tagalog language. I believe it's FANTASTIC news for all Filipinos who wants learn scuba diving and their Filipino PADI Instructors.

We are just starting the project with kind assistance from people in the absolute elite of the Filipino PADI scuba diving community and the plan is to have the new PADI Open Water manual will be ready in 2011.
If there are any questions from PADI pro's, please don't hesitate to contact me on jimmy.christrup@padi.com.au

Best regards

Jimmy Christrup
Regional Manager, Philippines
PADI Asia Pacific

really there's a great demand?

enough demand to get someone a job for a few months translating :wink:

enough demand to get someone a job for a few months translating :wink:
the Assumption translation would also indicate how one has to "make ikot the thing to secure it sa tank"

Filipino's not a technical language and i can imagine that it would be a very taglish publication as a result

Jag

maybe its for certifying the local DMs. But then, many DMs in dumaguete, Cebu and Mindanao would prefer CEBUANO.

tagalog words "Datapwat, subalit or ngunit" will surely be included.

I wonder how they'll translate 'bent' to tagalog, 'Nabaluktot'? or when its the diver's fault he got bent, "baluktot kasi ang utak"?.

I say good luck...

tagalog words "Datapwat, subalit or ngunit" will surely be included.

I wonder how they'll translate 'bent' to tagalog, 'Nabaluktot'? or when its the diver's fault he got bent, "baluktot kasi ang utak"?.

I say good luck...
Datapwa't ang pag-inom ng alak o di kaya ang paninigarilyo ay hindi nirerekumenda ito ay hindi labag sa mga alituntunin ng iskuba daybing; subalit ayon sa mga duktor ito ay dapat iwasan sa gabi bago ang dayb upang makaiwas sa pagiging baluktot...

hard to read... harder to write...

may friend ako na sobrang lakas ang kamandag sa chicks... as in grabe... may scolliosis siya pero hayop maka-raket ng babae... at magaganda ha...

tinanong na namin siya kung baluktot yung sa kanya kaya't may pektus pag... ummm... yun...

Jag

Jimmy, ito ay kahanga hanga na balita. (this is wonderful news).

PADI Open Water = PADI bukas tubig?

a bigger oh no. what if the exam's in tagalog too? eeek.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom