PADI Sidemount Diver course video (Subic Bay Aug 2012)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
A short video from a PADI Sidemount Diver course I taught in Subic earlier this month. The student (featured) is Camille Lemmens, a PADI Course Director who runs IDC courses around Asia, but is based in Koh Samui, Thailand.

Camille wrote a review, with photos, of the course on his IDC Blog, read it Here.

[vimeo]48247092[/vimeo]

Click to watch directly on Vimeo (LQ 640x480).

For those interested, the music is: 'Voodoo Problems' Jimi Hendrix vs. Jay-Z (from TimG Music)

Equipment used for training was a Hollis SMS100, with Apeks regs and AL80 tanks. SPGs were routed forwards/up.
Dive sites in Subic were the USS Majaba (El Capitan), Barges (artificial reef) and the Landing Ship Tank.

The weather was terrible (this was at the time of the typhoon/major floods in the Philippines) - but we got the course completed with only a 1 day delay. Some of the footage looks like night diving - that's the 'darkness' effect caused by a severe halocline in shallow water - so much rainfall!

Last edited:
Nice.....every time I see sidemount/tec diving videos I ask myself why do I do this in a drysuit and gloves?

Back
Top Bottom