PADI Specialties transfer to SSI for AOW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mainedvr

With what you have for AOW I would talk to our local SSI shop about attaining Master Diver. I think this will mean Rescue and a meaningful summer of diving to get the needed logged dives. There is no sense or value in getting a crossover AOW card. I think you will find it easy enough to transfer your prior AOW accomplishments.

Pete

Your specialties will cross over for the SSi AOW rating provided they are the full blown specialties (multiple dives in that specialty) not the just the adventure dives (single dive in that specialty) packaged with the PADI AOW course and you have a logged 24 dives. Alot of times we'll get folks in with the notion they have the specialties from their PADI AOW course when they only have the introductory dive of each specialty (1st dive of each specialty), I write that because of one of your posts you indicte that the specialties were part of your PADI AOW course, which typically results in 5-6 dives.

The dive count component is there to encourage divers to get out and go diving outside of instructional dives and establish a sense of achievment from getting out to go diving. As for your DPV specialty, in the SSI world it is known as SC Scooter / DPV.

Hope this helps you sort this out.

Schott

Sealevelscuba.

Thanks that is what I was wondering, it was presented for our AOW that these were specialtiy dives (no deception just how they present it) and they are but not "specialties in a course". No big deal though cause we are now planning on taking stress and rescue and navigation through ssi and that will give us four specialties. Thanks again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom