Pain behind the eyes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rayburn-W

New
Reaction score
I was trying out a new pair of fins the other night at a pool and I went down the first time fine. Then, I went back down again and when I got to about 10 feet, I had this pain that was right behind my right eye. I was just wondering if anyone could help me and tell why this happened.

Thanks,
Rayburn

It was probably either a sinus squeeze or refered pain from a tooth squeeze. If your sinuses are okay and the problem persists, you might want to see your dentist.

Indeed, it does sound like a sinus squeeze. If that is the problem, it can sometimes be remedied with nasal spray before the dive. But, it is important not to rely on these since they have only a limited effective lifetime . They can loose their effect quite abruptly. This is definitely a problem if you are at depth when they quit; you are then at risk for a reverse squeeze.

Back
Top Bottom