Painting a Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What no one remembers Scubapro had an endless supply of handpainted g250 covers a few years back?

We just scraped off the paint and made them clear. I saw a clear body g250, but it was being held as a museum piece.

The ScubaPro warehouse in Hawaii used to be an eddy point for all kinds of odd stuff. They had literally boxes of the handpainted G250 covers. Once you bought one and realized the paint would wear off, we just went ahead and stripped the paint off to start and had clear covers.

Of course then we had to fashion accessorize the diaphragms since they became visible. Now they have clear diaphragms apparently, but then they only had blue, black, and red.

EDIT: The more I think about this, the more I want a clear second stage with a clear diaphragm. It would be such an awesome thing to use teaching.

I stopped using ScubaPro long ago though, so, so those are long ago stories. If you know someone who owns a shop in Hawaii, I bet those boxes of hand painted second stage covers are still there at the distributor warehouse though.

Maybe ScubaPro Hawaii discovered eBay and managed to clear out the oddball junk from their warehouse though.

Last edited:
What no one remembers Scubapro had an endless supply of handpainted g250 covers a few years back?

They were everywhere and now I can't find a single one.
a6890948-eb56-5cdf.jpg
a6890948-eb77-14af.jpg

Posted from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom