Painting on Neoprene

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lanwu

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I would like to add a label onto my wetsuit (just need 1 color - white) & was wondering what paint or substance i can find that would do the job?

I'm not a professional dive/wetsuit shop in any manner....so looking for a simple solution. Anyone?

Does tipex/white-out work??

I've seen this at my LDS. I've never used it, but it claims to be for most types of scuba gear, and seems like it would flex, so hopefully it will work on wetsuits :D

There are paints made for hypalon boats but I don't know how good the adherence to a more-flexible wetsuit would be. Making the label out of white rubber or latex and gluing it might be more durable. Interesting question.

What about screen printing ink (starts at about $12-$15 a pint). Do you have any screen printers near you for info? I know that it is possible but not sure how DIY friendly it is. If you can't get any info on it pm me and I would be happy to ask a friend of mine that is in the business.

I've seen this at my LDS. I've never used it, but it claims to be for most types of scuba gear, and seems like it would flex, so hopefully it will work on wetsuits :D

We use this to mark our rental wet suits and BCDs. No issues what so ever with it and depending on what you want to do I would recommend it. Hasn't done any harm to the wet suits or BCD and we have not had to repaint our markings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom