Palancar Caves and Cedrals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PeterNBiddle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Had a good first day diving. Hoping I've gotten the kinks out sufficiently. New gear, jitters, etc.

Dove Palancar Caves first then Cedrals (sp?) with Aldora, which has turned out to be just as good as everyone says.

Highlight of dive two was a big moray and a shark quite cozily sharing an overhang. I've never seen that before! Pics I got don't do it justice but I'll post anyway.

c9740412-ddb6-4c58.jpg

c9740412-de7a-414c.jpg

c9740412-de88-e2bc.jpg

c9740412-dea8-ab98.jpg

Awesome! Enjoy your diving! We get there the middle of May! Can't wait!!

yup, that is the same green moray and nurse shark living in sin under a ledge at Paseo de Cedral that we saw twice. (I have some photos and video coming of it later in the week.)

Have a great trip and I am glad you found a dive op that you like.

robin

yup, that is the same green moray and nurse shark living in sin under a ledge at Paseo de Cedral that we saw twice.

This is what happens when you teach sex Ed in schools. Trans-species perversions!

I have some photos and video coming of it later in the week.

Sweet! I'm sure you will be getting vastly better results than I did. It was dark under there, did you shoot with a strobe?

Have a great trip and I am glad you found a dive op that you like.

Thanks! We are having a blast.

Thanks for the pics! We saw the same eel and shark last week. They seem to be regulars at that site. As for "Living in sin"; Why does everyone assume the worst? It may be legal and sanctioned. Has anyone bothered asking to see their paperwork?

Thanks for the pics! We saw the same eel and shark last week. They seem to be regulars at that site. As for "Living in sin"; Why does everyone assume the worst? It may be legal and sanctioned. Has anyone bothered asking to see their paperwork?

Come on! It's Mexico. That don't go for that sort of thing. They are a little old fashioned.

"wow! I've never seen such a big eel before. And sooooo thick!"
"heh. Yeah, I've eaten my share! But i just had one of those spiky interlopers and I'm feeling kinda woozy... "
"well, there's room under here for two, if I just scoot over a bit..."
"you sure? You're not going to eat me?"
"sugar, I may be a shark, but I'm a nurse first!"

<cue music>

Awesome pictures! Cedral has been the best diving spot we've gone to while here (first trip ever!). My husband saw an eel on Saturday, but I never saw any. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom