Palau Entry form

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NowTeelus

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I'm a little bit confused by the "new" online entry form. Actually, I wrote an email to Palau customs, but didn't get any answer up to now.

I'm struggling with two parts. The first is this one:

"Do you have any personal goods to declare that exceeds four hundred dollars ($400)? This includes souvenirs purchased or gifts received from friends or relatives."

What is meant here? My iPhone? All my Scuba gear? Do I have to declare each and every single item? Is it $400 in total or just single Items over $400? My equipment and travel baggage is used, so what ist the value here? Actually I don't understand how to fill out this one.

The next is this:

"Drugs (Prescription or non-prescription)"

How detailed has this to be?

Unfortunately, the entry form doesn't give any examples that would make the process easier. So the best that I can do at the moment ist to look for the experiences and opinions from other people.

I just checked my form from last time I entered Palau. I declared "personal meds for [reason]" on one line, "personal phone and laptop' on the next line, and a block of chocolate on the last line (I'm Australian, we're trained to declare everything).

I had no problems getting through customs on arrival. I didn't have my dive gear with me, but I'm pretty sure if you just list it as "personal dive gear," it'll be ok.

This is based on my experience and I don't work for customs so your mileage may vary.

You’re overthinking this. The $400 limit is typically for their residents buying stuff overseas or if you bought brand new gifts to give to people there.

Maybe. Since there is no instruction for this interpretation, I declared Scuba Equipment as $2000, personal items also and my iPhone as $1500 worth. I don't think I have to pay taxes for this ;-).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom