Palau liveaboard - recommendations ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lisagraff

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We're headed to Palau in early 2016. I've looked at Ocean Hunter III and Solitude one as my top contenders. contrary to many posts... we DO want a luxury boat. AND great dive guides. Any recommendations or experience on those 2 boats, or others we should consider ? THANKS.

Ocean Hunter would be my recommendation. I had some pretty good discounts on the Ocean Hunter a couple of months ago. I have had some folks on the Aggressor/Dancer ships and they reviewed so-so.

thanks. do you know anything about solitude one ? looks like a very nice boat....

Hi Lisa!
As for Solitude One, yeah, it’s really a very good boat that is a member of the DivEncounters Alliance (the members are only top-rated liveaboards).
If you’re interested it this liveaboard you can check out information about it on our website: https://divebooker.com/solitude-one-haz61
At this moment there are two trips available in early 2016: Palau (7nights) 05 Jan - 12 Jan/ 15 Jan - 22 Jan/ 26 Jan - 02 Feb and Palau (10nights) 19 Mar - 29 Mar.
If you have any questions or need help, don’t hesitate to ask=) you can contact us at support@divebooker.com - or just drop us a line in the online chat at our website.

I spent a week on the Solitude One last year. The boat has lots of room and our favorite feature was the camera room inside near the lounge with lots of charging stations and cubbies for your equipment. It saved you trekking back and forth from your room just to charge batteries. They also had two computers in the camera room for guest use which was great to offload pics from you memory cards. Staff was very friendly as well. Highly recommend!

Hi there!

Palau is a fantastic destination choice. I would recommend taking at look at these packages - each offers 25% off on certain dates.

Palau Aggressor Liveaboard 25% off at $2350

Palau Dancer Liveaboard 25% off at $2350

We can help you find the right destination and package, if you would like to let us know more about your ideal dive trip. Many packages are 25% on certain dates as well. Contact Oasis Adventure at 1-808-345-0766 or 1-202-800-9007or by email at info@oasisadventure.com

Happy diving!
Kelly
Oasis Adventure

We're headed to Palau in early 2016. I've looked at Ocean Hunter III and Solitude one as my top contenders. contrary to many posts... we DO want a luxury boat. AND great dive guides. Any recommendations or experience on those 2 boats, or others we should consider ? THANKS.

Or you could go directly to the Aggressor and Dancer website for the same prices.

Telling us some reasons why you would pick one over the other would be a value add.

Travel to Palau is simple:
- Flight to ROR. Most go through Hawaii and Guam. Don't worry about the crazy short layover in Guam, they hold the connecting plane for passengers to Koror. If you go through Yap, they like to unload half the passengers while they search half the plane, then you move over to the other side while they search that side. No problem. The flight back is late at night so arrange a dayroom with your hotel on the day of departure.
- Hotel: it's easy to find info about hotels in Koror. You can either pay more or less, but you are only there for a short time so it's not so important. TripAdvisor top 10 hotels pretty well covers what's available and reviews paint a pretty accurate pic.
- Car: don't need one

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom