Palau video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

good vidoes---what system you filming with??.......tia.......

Thanks for the comments.
I'm almost embarassed to say that I'm filming with a really old system - Sony PDX10, in a USVH all-electronic housing. Red filter, manual white balance throughout.
I guess I'll make the move to HD once I find a 3-chip camcorder with similar low-light sensitivity/low pixel density to my old PDX10 - if it ever exists in a reasonable form factor.
Matthew

Excellent video.
I'd guess you were on Ocean Hunter 3 ? (That looks a lot like DM - Eddie in one of the shots)

Thanks a lot, Nomad. Yep, it was Ocean Hunter III - what a fantastic liveaboard! Captain Ken was the guide in the shots. Ed is far too sensible to be blowing bubbles.
Matthew

Nice video. I'll be in Palau this January, and now I'm more excited than ever.

Nomad-Diver - yeah, actually you're right, there are a couple of shots of Ed too.
Dirtfarmer, craracer - you are in for a TREAT! The site is called "German Channel" - check this link:
Ocean Hunter III - Dive Sites
Although you almost ceratinly won't see mantas every time you dive there, if you go with a good operator you'd be extremely unlucky not to see any during your trip. I'd advise arranging a few dives there. Local knowledge about the currents and tides etc. is essential. My personal fave is Fish 'n Fins, but I guess the others, like Sam's Tours, know the sites too. I did one early morning dive there, and we didn't see a single manta. Just thousands of schooling scad and hunting grey reef sharks, which wasn't too bad....
Matthew

Wow! If I see this myself next April, I will have dived and gone to heaven.. amazing!

Back
Top Bottom