Panama City Condition ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

8dust

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone been to the Panama City Beach area lately?

Has it / is it seeing any BP oil?

Going to be in the area first part of Aug. and wondering if I should bother to pack some gear??? :idk:

Thanks

Someone I know was there this past weekend. While conditions weren't the greatest, he didn't see any sign of oil.

There isn't any oil here and the sub-surface plume hasn't been spotted in the area in over 2 weeks. Vis is 50-60' on the inshore sites although the current is abit strong. In addition to the dive locker, you could call us at Panama City Dive Charters 850-588-8077 and we'd be happy to give you current condition reports.

Ooops! Sorry Pat. Didn't mean to leave you out. I'll have to check out your shop next month when I'm down!

Just returned from PC last night, beach conditions are great, except for the BP workers everywhere! There seems to be lots of them just wandering the beaches all day. Dove the jetties all 3 days, no oil, no tarballs, great dives for 3 days except for the June grass which invaded Wednesday. I'll leave a dive report about the jetties in a few minutes.

Just returned from PC last night, beach conditions are great, except for the BP workers everywhere! There seems to be lots of them just wandering the beaches all day. Dove the jetties all 3 days, no oil, no tarballs, great dives for 3 days except for the June grass which invaded Wednesday. I'll leave a dive report about the jetties in a few minutes.

What's a decent place to stay down there?

Something right on the beach would be good, and something nice enough the wife won't get mad at me, but also not too too expensive.

What's a decent place to stay down there?

Something right on the beach would be good, and something nice enough the wife won't get mad at me, but also not too too expensive.

It's been a while, but my wife and I used to stay here often: Panama City Beach Florida Resort Rentals: Sugar Sands Inn & Suites

It's right on the beach, the rooms were always clean and the prices were reasonable. It's on the west end of PCB where there is less traffic and it is quieter. Like I said, it's been several years since I last stayed there. Hopefully, it is still nice.

I just looked at their website on the "Rates" page and it shows that they are offering 35% off on room rates between Aug. 2nd and Sept. 2nd.

This is where the wife and I stay now: http://www.vrbo.com/24618 It's really nice, but it is booked early August. I'll be there the third week of August.

Dove offshore yesterday, Accokeek, Dupont Span, and Twin Tugs. All had great vis, 50-60, TT had about 30. Saw a couple of goliaths and another diver in the group saw a bull shark. Mild current, but not overbearing. Not a drop of oil in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom