Panasonic Lumix TS2 w/Ikelite housing. DO I need a correcting filter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GYANNI

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello,
this is my third underwater camera.
1st one was a Sealife. I flooded it boarding the boat from the beach. Housing was slightly opened. Water was high. And I'm not very tall. :dork2:

Then I thought, I should get a water proof camera to avoid further accidents while boarding the boat from the beach. Got an Olympus tough with Ikelite housing. Lost it while resurfacing from the first dive in Guarapari', Brazil.:dork2: It's still drifting somewhere in the ocean in South America.

My third present Camera is waterproof Panasonic TS2 WITH an Ikelite HOUSING WITH a carabiner to keep it connected to the BCD. SO it shouldn't get flooded, and I shouldn't loose it.

Here is my question: when I change the camera to "underwater mode" it tells me that "underwater mode is intended for deeper than 10ft". And that's perfectly fine.
Problem is, I don't see the screen turning RED like it happened with the Sealife and if I dont' remember wrongly, with the Olympus. I can't find any references to this on the manual. Does it mean the camera got a problem, or it just doesn't show the red filter on the screen but it will act like it has one?
I'm including a photo of the camera while it's on in "underwater mode".
I already wasted so much money in cameras, I really wish I don't have to spend an additional $90.00 in filters.
Thanks for answering.
lumixts2.jpg

I suggest that you learn how to do a manual white balance so that you don't need a filter or the one size fits all underwater setting....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom