Panasonic LX5, ikelite housing, wet lenes and more!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All,

I'm going to try to sell this stuff as a package for the next 2 weeks. If it doesn't sell as a package then I'll consider selling individual
pieces. Below is a list of every thing and the street price. I came up with "street value" by taking the lowest of B&H, Adorama, Amazon,
Reef Photo Video. Please note the Ikelite LX-5 housing DOES NOT come with a tray (it's extra from the factory) which is why it's listed.

Below are the prices I will sell the stuff for individually if no one buys the package in the next two weeks.
Street Price My Price
Ikelite LX5 housing (475 B&H everyone else is 550) 350
Panisonic Lumix LX-5 (280 Adorama - amazon is mid 300's) 210
Ikelite Sync cord (old style) (100 Reef) 50
Inon UCL 165 67mm thread (180 Reef) 130
Inon UWL 100 Type 2 67mm thread (395 Reef) 230
Inon Double Lens Holder 67mm (86 Reef) 60
Ikelite Single Arm Tray (old style) (70 Reef) 40
Peilican like hard case for housing, lenses and DS125 strobe free with package
Little Lowepro soft case for LX-5 free with package
Totals 1586 1070.

BUT if you want the whole package take 20% off the 1070 for 856!!!!!

Why am I selling it and gear history:

I used to shoot film many years ago. In November 2011 I bought the LX-5,housing, Lens holder, and a Subsee +10 Diopter.
I borrowed from my better half the Inon wide angle, a DS125 (which is not for sale), the tray and the sync cord. To start shooting again
when we were taking a 5 week Philippines trip. The Subsee was dumped in the ocean in the Philippines by a dive crew emptying a rinse
bucket into the ocean (ARG) but they replaced it with the inon. Not as good but they at least got one to me before we continued on our trip.
So the Inon macro lens has < 30 hours. The Ikelite housing, lens caddy, and LX-5 has about 80 hours (one trip only). The tray, Inon wide
angle lens, and sync cord have more like 250 hours (usually a little over 1 hour per dive for us). You'd still need a strobe and arms, although if
you want the whole thing maybe we can figure out something cheap for the arms. After this trip I was hooked again and bought a used
D7000 system and an Nauticam housing. So as you can see I don't need the lx5 setup anymore. Never flooded and only used on one trip.
My better half shoots with a T2i in an Ikelite housing. Her old system was a G6 and that's where we the tray, sync cord, and Inon wide angle came from.

I'll post up both some pictures of the stuff and some shots taken with it tomorrow.

Also for sale (from my better half) is an Ikelite manual Controller $100.

Let me know if you've got any questions.

Oh and where am I located - San Francisco area. Cash in person preferred but paypal is okay too.

thanks,

kevin

Ok here are some pictures of the camera stuff

DSC_5458.jpgDSC_5445.jpgDSC_5446.jpgDSC_5447.jpgDSC_5448.jpgDSC_5449.jpgDSC_5450.jpgDSC_5451.jpgDSC_5454.jpg

And here are some images taken with it - all lenses represented.

P1030332.jpgP1020830.jpgP1020859.jpgP1020946.jpgP1030119_mod.jpg

No the Inon lens is the older model, UWL 100 Type 2 67mm. It vignettes a little bit with the
LX-5 wide open (the LX-5 can go slightly wider (24mm) than a G12). To solve this I just zoomed
in a tiny bit from 24mm and the vignetting goes away. That said I think it is 28mm just but
it is NOT the UWL-H100 28mm67 (that the new one which retails for 520ish).

Here's a link to the actual lens

Inon UWL-100 Type 2 Wide Angle Conversion Lens [ino.456212143159] - $395.95 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros

I'll put some more pictures of it on here when I get home to clear up any confusion.

kev

Price dropped to 800. If it doesn't sell in a few days I'm putting the individual items on ebay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom