Paradise night dive video of an Octopus 02/19/2016

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a great video, thank you!

What's it doing? Hunting?

Fabulous, Tom Z! Your vid has inspired me to learn how to night dive. Thanks for sharing this short, but great video. :)

Fabulous, Tom Z! Your vid has inspired me to learn how to night dive. Thanks for sharing this short, but great video. :)
There's really nothing to learn. You pretty much dive the way you always do. A cool thing that's different is that in the dark with lights it's easy to signal to each other when you find something.

There's really nothing to learn. You pretty much dive the way you always do. A cool thing that's different is that in the dark with lights it's easy to signal to each other when you find something.
Thank you, Gordon. Just a bit of timidity on my part when it comes to the idea of night diving. But, you've confirmed what my husband told me which is that it is easier to see both other people and the boat.

Now that is absolutely stunning color changing and adaptations! so vivid at night. Thanks for posting. I kept waiting on it to ink you for hanging so long with it.... great find!

Thank you, Gordon. Just a bit of timidity on my part when it comes to the idea of night diving. But, you've confirmed what my husband told me which is that it is easier to see both other people and the boat.
I had some apprehension before the first time I went night diving, but it went away in the first few minutes of doing it. If you go out during a full moon you don't really need lights. It's just as bright at 30 fsw (most night dives are shallow) as it is walking around on land.

Even on the darkest night, though, it's not at all the claustrophobia-triggering (I suffer from it a bit) experience I feared it would be. The only caution I would put out there is that if there is current you need to shine your light out in front of you from time to time to keep from running into something.

But really, night diving around Cozumel is easy peasy. Go for it the first chance you get!

Thanks very much for the info, Gordon! :) Full moon/30 fsw/~bright as dry land...cool. Sorry for the thread hijack, TomZ.

Back
Top Bottom