Paralenz has filed for bankruptcy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bankruptcy may or may not be the true end of a company, so I'm going to cross my fingers both the people involved and their product can obtain a positive future. I own two of the original paralenz, no complaints, they're really great cameras that in many ways I feel are ahead of their time.
Also I would definitely buy a new paralenz if I was in the market, figuring worst case I would feel similar to how thankful I feel about buying two Hektometer freediving goggles when they were available..

Considering the quality of their product, a surprise it did not happen a long time ago.

That's a damn shame.

Depending upon the country (Denmark?) and its bankruptcy laws, it may not be the end of Paralenz -- and just some form of reorganization, such as Chapter 13 in the US; though, it was a bit concerning that even a cursory online search had a great many "currently unavailable" notices for both the cameras and many of the accessories.

We had the chance to futz with the first generation of the cameras, a few years back, and were impressed with their simplicity, especially given that we had all of five minutes of instruction before we mounted them on full face masks; and I suppose that it was a credit to the color-correcting technology that all of those dives looked far better, upon playback, than they actually were, in reality . . .

and lets hope jail

Watching for a half price Black Friday sale...

In the latest issue of Underwater Photography Magazine:

1667138081094.png

https://www.uwpmag.com/?download=129

Back
Top Bottom