Paranormal Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, all I have to say is, if you see anything like this while you're down there, get while the gettin's good.

Lee, Thanks for what you do. retrieving bodies from wrecks, cars/boats etc. is never easy especially when it is a child. As far as what color your hoses or octo is? Who cares! "Some people" (not all!) are DIR do or die! If you are not DIR you are doing it wrong! So take that with a grain of salt. But when it comes to Ghost hunting, That's where the jokes can start.

Note to DIR's this is NOT a shot at you! DIR has it's place let's all get along. :mooner:

Hello, It's Lee Ehrlich CEO of the Paranormal divers franchise.

I'd like to say hello to all of you out there. There's an amazing ammount of data that we're discovering with some of the technologies that we've developed. Many of the things that work well for our "specialty field " work well in cross-over functions also.

We work with law-enforcement, do forensic dives, look for missing children.
Our new deep-diving submersible will re-define the genra, as will our sonar drones we have developed.

There's much more to doing what we do that simply hunting ghosts that's for sure.

I find it humorous the comments made by some regarding gear etc. We have seven complete dive shops at out disposal. Any-and-all gear we ever need, from re-breathers to simple octo set-ups, all are at our disposal. There is a reason the police and fire dept's call us. -It's called DEPTH of experience.

I got called recently to pull a freshly crashed and submerged car from the bottom. It was 4am and the details were sketchy. Nobody minded my yellow hose, and nobody cared if my fins matched. -Is there a kid in the back seat of the car underwater? That is what I'm concerned with. And that's what we do.
If there is someone down there, I'll pull him out with mismatched fins, as long as I can do it.

Sometimes I run out of the shop with a handfull of octos , and we need to be somewhere on call. Sometimes I'll grab a trunkload of aluminm 80's just so we can have air to pull a submerged car out of the water. The people on shore dont care what kind of octo i'm using, they care if their loved one is in the car im pulling the door off of.

Sometimes when you need to do a happy sport dive, you don't need to drag along all of your twitchy gear. Good divers dont need gear to make them better. We have all of the bells and whistles you'd ever want, but when you do dives daily at times, like we do here in Florida, it becomes routine. It becomes a job. The shiny stuff wears off quickly, and things like "does air come out of it" start to make the most sense.

Most of us breathe aluminum 80's longer that most people can get from an ultra-pressurized steel 100, so don't judge the diver from his octo. Sometimes it doesnt take an army tank to kill a flea, and you can get the job done efficiently and easily with stuff right off the shelf The diver makes the dive, the equipment doesnt make the diver. When you can have anything in the shop, sometimes it's just fun to use anything that you find comfortable, and don't have to adjust every ten minutes.

We size the gear to the job at hand. If someone is loading up the tanks for twenty of my team, I care about their nitrox mix and their MOD, not the brand on their tank.

Part of being a diver is loving all the bells and whistles. When I first began, in 1976 there were still single staged regs like in Sea hunt. We all dove fine back then, Imagine that.

Anyhow, happy diving!

Aw damnit! why'd ya have to go posting this in a friendly zone? :rofl3:

Rich, Thanks for your pleasant reply.

As we all know our industry is a small cottage one. There are a zillion divers, but prying many of them from the couch is a whole nother' story alltogather. Which is why we divers who are " Active " in the industry, such as all of us here on the forum, hold the torch for generations to come. In many ways we the few, decide the fate of the many.

That's why we in the Paranormal Divers Franchise really want to make this something that gives our genra a chance to shine. We're going to bring diving to all of the couch potatoes out there sitting on their asses, watching Ghost hunting shows, and looking for the next best thing. Perhaps our cross-appeal will bring new and excited divers into the mix. God knows we need as many as we can get. Since Good ol' LLoyd Bridges hung up his single-stage, things just haven't been fun anymore.

We're going to change all that. If I can help it.
Lee:)

I heard that some attorneys' assistants who were confined to wheelchairs were going to be airdropped in to investigate this on Paralegal Paraplegics Parachute into the Paranormal.

Not to be critical but, ***?? I was diving the other day and thought something touched my back and realized that I farted and it was the bubble crawling up the back of my wetsuit, thought it was a ghost for a minute.

Oh yeah! I watched it yesterday. What I liked best of all was how they were introduced: "some of the world's foremost deep penetration divers." And then watch their gear: single tanks, bright yellow octopus dangling everywhere, and - best of all, a console with an integrated air computer!!!

Hello, It's Lee Ehrlich CEO of the Paranormal divers franchise.

I'd like to say hello to all of you out there. There's an amazing ammount of data that we're discovering with some of the technologies that we've developed. Many of the things that work well for our "specialty field " work well in cross-over functions also.

We work with law-enforcement, do forensic dives, look for missing children.
Our new deep-diving submersible will re-define the genra, as will our sonar drones we have developed.

There's much more to doing what we do that simply hunting ghosts that's for sure.

I find it humorous the comments made by some regarding gear etc. We have seven complete dive shops at out disposal. Any-and-all gear we ever need, from re-breathers to simple octo set-ups, all are at our disposal. There is a reason the police and fire dept's call us. -It's called DEPTH of experience.

I got called recently to pull a freshly crashed and submerged car from the bottom. It was 4am and the details were sketchy. Nobody minded my yellow hose, and nobody cared if my fins matched. -Is there a kid in the back seat of the car underwater? That is what I'm concerned with. And that's what we do.
If there is someone down there, I'll pull him out with mismatched fins, as long as I can do it.

Sometimes I run out of the shop with a handfull of octos , and we need to be somewhere on call. Sometimes I'll grab a trunkload of aluminm 80's just so we can have air to pull a submerged car out of the water. The people on shore dont care what kind of octo i'm using, they care if their loved one is in the car im pulling the door off of.

Sometimes when you need to do a happy sport dive, you don't need to drag along all of your twitchy gear. Good divers dont need gear to make them better. We have all of the bells and whistles you'd ever want, but when you do dives daily at times, like we do here in Florida, it becomes routine. It becomes a job. The shiny stuff wears off quickly, and things like "does air come out of it" start to make the most sense.

Most of us breathe aluminum 80's longer that most people can get from an ultra-pressurized steel 100, so don't judge the diver from his octo. Sometimes it doesnt take an army tank to kill a flea, and you can get the job done efficiently and easily with stuff right off the shelf The diver makes the dive, the equipment doesnt make the diver. When you can have anything in the shop, sometimes it's just fun to use anything that you find comfortable, and don't have to adjust every ten minutes.

We size the gear to the job at hand. If someone is loading up the tanks for twenty of my team, I care about their nitrox mix and their MOD, not the brand on their tank.

Part of being a diver is loving all the bells and whistles. When I first began, in 1976 there were still single staged regs like in Sea hunt. We all dove fine back then, Imagine that.

Anyhow, happy diving!
Well, you wrote quite a post defending your gear choices. But what I think AP was trying to say is that many of us feel that using the right gear for the right job is important, which you seem to agree with. The possible conflict might be where the reporter is saying, "some of the world's foremost deep penetration divers", and the video shows what is obviously recreational diving gear. But hey, that's the reporter hyping things up - not your fault.

Can you tell us what your deep wreck penetration experience is? What configuration do you dive when doing trimix wreck penetrations? Many on this board do 200'-300' dives on a regular basis, so we enjoy discussing the different options and methods. Both John Chatterton and Richie Kohler are member of this board (Deep Sea Detectives, Shadow Divers). You mentioned rebreathers. Do you dive eCCR's, mCCR's, sCCR's? What models do you use? I am currently transitioning to an inspo eCCR with Hammerhead electronics, which I dive in mCCR mode.

This is a great place to discuss diving, and I look forward to watching your posts.

Hello Lee
I wanted to thank you for what you do, and for posting here. Car accident recovery diving can be a terrible job. A cousin of mine is an OPP constable and worked on the recovery dive team up in lake country in Ontario. He had to stop after a couple of years because the faces of the children he unbuckled and brought to the surface after an accident continued to haunt him. After a while he just could not let go of the images locked in his memory. I know this post is off topic, but I just wanted to say thanks.
Tom

Back
Top Bottom