Passamaquoddy Bay anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would anyone be interested in a camp and dive trip to Passamaquoddy Bay this year? It is northern Maine. I was fascinated to see that it is ranked among top 50 dive destinations in the world! (Book: 50 Places to dive before you die). It is mostly shore diving so I was thinking of dragging 6 tanks per person and either camping or getting a cabin. Cheap extended week diving done over a long weekend if anyone is interested.

I'd be up for meeting in Eastport. Our dive club, The League of Underwater Superheroes makes a few trips per year to Eastport. COJO Diving out of Fredericton comes over to Eastport as well. They also dive Deer Island on the Canadian side. There is so many awesome things to see up that way... even more than what is in the Bar Harbor area. COJO diving stays at a campground on Deer Island.

Dennis has re-opened the dive shop to my knowledge and it is now in down town Eastport.

I'd be up for meeting in Eastport. Our dive club, The League of Underwater Superheroes makes a few trips per year to Eastport. COJO Diving out of Fredericton comes over to Eastport as well. They also dive Deer Island on the Canadian side. There is so many awesome things to see up that way... even more than what is in the Bar Harbor area. COJO diving stays at a campground on Deer Island.

Dennis has re-opened the dive shop to my knowledge and it is now in down town Eastport.

Hello. Pleasure to have run into you. While searching the web I came across your website and have been meaning to establish contact. Any idea when you guys will be up there again?

Hello. Pleasure to have run into you. While searching the web I came across your website and have been meaning to establish contact. Any idea when you guys will be up there again?

COJO diving is up there a lot more frequently than us. If you are on Facebook you should friend Joe George from COJO... he sends out event notifications as to when and where they will be diving up that way. COJO Diving's also has a Facebook page. Our next trip probably will not be until April. Our dive club is heading to NH and MA for the weekend to do some diving with Jerry Shine and Andy Martinez. Then in March we head to Bonaire for a week.

THIS SATURDAY & SUNDAY

Shore Dive in Portsmouth with Jerry Shine & Andy Martinez
Visit the Shipwreck Exhibit at the Museum of Science in Boston with Zach Whalen
Overnight in Mass
Shore Dive in Cape Anne, Mass with Zach Whalen

I got in touch with COJO diving over Facebook. It seems that they do a lot of dive in the area and have the closest fill station. it would still require crossing the border into Canada though. Their rates for shore diving seem to be a bit on the higher end. 75 dollars per diver for dives that do not require boat? I could do two boat dives in that money in Florida where I would not even have to worry about tanks and weights. Still, they seem to be the only place in town.

Guided Diving

Would anyone be interested in a camp and dive trip to Passamaquoddy Bay this year? It is northern Maine. I was fascinated to see that it is ranked among top 50 dive destinations in the world! (Book: 50 Places to dive before you die). It is mostly shore diving so I was thinking of dragging 6 tanks per person and either camping or getting a cabin. Cheap extended week diving done over a long weekend if anyone is interested.

I live in Northport, Maine on Penobscot Bay and am fairly new to diving, but have also heard Passamaquoddy Bay is a great dive. Been there, but not as a diver. Would love to join a group for this. A good dive shop in the state is Aqua City in Waterville. Check out their website.

Nice. I checked out the website for AquaCity and have also registered in their message boards. They seem to be a few hours from where we intend to dive but if we could get a dive guide from them, we would be able to enjoy some really nice sites.

Nice. I checked out the website for AquaCity and have also registered in their message boards. They seem to be a few hours from where we intend to dive but if we could get a dive guide from them, we would be able to enjoy some really nice sites.
I got certified through Aqua City with the owner Randy Cook. Great guy. He might be interested in getting a dive trip together to Passamaquoddy Bay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom