Passamaquoddy Bay anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sinbad,

The League of Underwater Superheroes is heading to Eastport this weekend. I am not able to make since I hurt my back two weeks ago. No diving for me until March now... per the Doctor.

Joe
Eastport Dive Trip
THIS SATURDAY
4 am - Leave Bar Harbor
7 am - Dive Dawson Street (Jonathan Bird's Site)
9 am - Breakfast
11 am - Dive The Old Pier
1 pm - Lunch
4 pm - Home

Sinbad,

The League of Underwater Superheroes is heading to Eastport this weekend. I am not able to make since I hurt my back two weeks ago. No diving for me until March now... per the Doctor.

Joe
Eastport Dive Trip
THIS SATURDAY
4 am - Leave Bar Harbor
7 am - Dive Dawson Street (Jonathan Bird's Site)
9 am - Breakfast
11 am - Dive The Old Pier
1 pm - Lunch
4 pm - Home

I would love to go but since it is a 15 hour drive, this would have to be planned months in advance. After looking at all the logistics as well as water temperatures, I am thinking September would be the best time for me to go there and dive for a week straight. It is not carved in stone so if anyone else has better ideas I would love to hear them too.

I would love to go but since it is a 15 hour drive, this would have to be planned months in advance. After looking at all the logistics as well as water temperatures, I am thinking September would be the best time for me to go there and dive for a week straight. It is not carved in stone so if anyone else has better ideas I would love to hear them too.

September is a great time to be in Eastport! If you don't mind crowds, time it with the Eastport Pirate Festival Sep 7-9.. it's hilarious and keeps non-diving family entertained while you are in the water. Last year we made a general "event" out of it with a schedule of dives planned at Eastport (and Deer Island), and a DM onsite providing a site briefing for most of the dives. There are more lodging options heading towards Calais. There is an air fill station at Lubec if needed.

So if you don't want the personal service/buddy of a DM for a guided dive to find reefs/critters, you could look to that event (or other times a group plans something there) to get dive timings and a layout of the site. Do get advice on dive timings though, as the current can be pretty strong outside of slack.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom