Passenger Liner Oregon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NEWreckDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Does anyone have or know where I can get a set of deck plans for the Oregon? It is off of the coast of Long Island.

It was last owned by the Cunard line out of England.

DEEPLOU:
Not sure what good a deck plan for Oregon would be. Oregon is mostly a rubble pile.

But they would give you an idea of where you would expect to find something and a area you are looking for something special.

But thanks for your help.

the way the water moves stuff around down there for the past hundred years or so, plus thousands of divers moving things, I would be amazed if anything was in its original locations with the exception of the engine( which is one of the only things easily identified) even the massive steering quadrant has shifted over the years with the noreasters we've had. it takes a good eye and a clear day (15-20 ft vis at best) to be able to find anything on the oregon these days besides some huge lobsters..... and they won't be in the deck plans....

nyresq:
the way the water moves stuff around down there for the past hundred years or so, plus thousands of divers moving things, I would be amazed if anything was in its original locations with the exception of the engine( which is one of the only things easily identified) even the massive steering quadrant has shifted over the years with the noreasters we've had. it takes a good eye and a clear day (15-20 ft vis at best) to be able to find anything on the oregon these days besides some huge lobsters..... and they won't be in the deck plans....

I appreciate that, Having made more than my share of dives on this wreck I clearly understand that after 120 years on the bottom, things may not be where they originally where.

I did not think I needed to justify why I wanted these, but would like them for reference purposes only. But thanks for your input.

wasn't asking for a justification, was just trying to point out nothing would be where it once was, but if you really want a set of plans, then steve bielinda or danny berg would be the first two people I'd contact. if neither one of them can help you, then you're in for a tough search.

nyresq:
wasn't asking for a justification, was just trying to point out nothing would be where it once was, but if you really want a set of plans, then steve bielinda or danny berg would be the first two people I'd contact. if neither one of them can help you, then you're in for a tough search.

Thanks, I was trying to do my own research on this. I have dove with both Dan and Steve and that may be my only choice.

I contacted Cunard. Here is there reply.

Regrettably, we do not have old records. You may try one of the
following resources:

Archive Directory

For a Cunard history question or photos of an old Cunard ship:

Cunard Archives:
Dr. Maureen Watry
University of Liverpool
PO Box 147
Liverpool, England L69 3BX
Phone: 44 151 794 2696
E-mail: mwatry@liverpool.ac.uk

For a manifest send to:

National Archives (have manifests to 1948)
212-337-1300

Southstreet Seaport Museum (historical photos)
212-748-8600

The Mariners' Museum
100 Museum Drive
Newport News, VA 23606
757-596-2222

Good luck!

Marcia Burdick, CTC, MCC
Personal Vacation Consultant
Cunard Line

Good Luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back