Patriots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All good "on paper theory" FACT, football is a human sport, driven by men that lust for a victory. Removing any part of a team from the field when they continue to be healthy, is a blow to them, and sets up a loss of drive. Let's face it. They didn't have to play last night, or next week at all. But removing a winning Q back because he "may" be injured, makes him look like a primadonna, and strips him of a record he deserves not only for himself, but his team and his organization. As far as the idea that only a Q back can win games is rediculous. Marino has had decent teams on the field with him, but in his desire to be the shining star, chose to put air under every ball in play, ignoring good opertunity to run. In the last days of his career, it was pitiful to watch him on the field, throwing the ball almost in a pointed effort to have it picked off. The Pats sucked under Parcells, and his pet Bledsoe. The team took the bullit for being junk, and not backing thier QB. Beat him up, take him off the field, and enter Brady. A 24 yearold kid with no experience, #199 in the piks, and considdered junk money by the "experts" 5 months later, the Pats hold a ring. So much for having a crappy team that cant play. Rules have changed in the NFL, the point being? Protecting players no big deal, and bringing up players from 30+ years ago seems a moot point. I sincerely doubt that they would play any better under todays rules, than they did under thiers. Look at the size of the line facing them then, and now. Football has become science, training is far beyond what it was even 10 years ago. Not trying to scrub off the shiny from thier careers,,they were amazing in thier day. But not as good as the current players as a whole, and these, will most likely not be as good as the next. Removing life altering hits to unprotected players was a good thing, and you may be wrong in thinking that in the past, players never cared about the ring. It was and is the singular reason any player has ever taken the field in any capacity. I learned a long time ago never to get cocky over a team, they're human, with human faults, and can mess up at the worse time.
i do enjoy watching the Pats play, but if a stronger, better team takes them out, far be it from me to go hating thier team, and pick it apart out of frustration. They were just better on that day. I "watch" football. I don't play the game, I dont caoch a team, I don't own a team. That said, It seems that whatever the Pats are doing at this point is not open for me to comment on in the negative, as it seems to be working pretty well. Maybe the Giants will kill them next week, and break both of Brady's legs.....Maybe not..But you can't deny that team the opertunity to battle, or anyother team that's on top. Let em play.

It's football, and on any given day the worse can beat the best.

If this year's Pats played this year's Dolphins 1,000 times I don't think the Dolphins would win a single game.

In fact, if the Pat's never took the field after halftime yesterday, at BEST the hapless Fins might have eeked out a tie!

If this year's Pats played this year's Dolphins 1,000 times I don't think the Dolphins would win a single game.

In fact, if the Pat's never took the field after halftime yesterday, at BEST the hapless Fins might have eeked out a tie!

Duuuuude......that's stone cold. Lot of truth there......but COLD! :)

That's a bit far fetched, if the Pat's never took the field after halftime yesterday the Dolphins would have lost in overtime.

That's a bit far fetched, if the Pat's never took the field after halftime yesterday the Dolphins would have lost in overtime.

I bet that somewhere in Florida,right now, somone wearing a Dolphins uniform, is bent over holding himself like he just got a shot to the pills!

Hey Sox fans, just wondering, since you guys cried for so many years about the Yankees buying all their talent, now that your ownership has finally opened their pocketbook and made your team a competitor, is it OK to buy talent??? Also, wasn't "The Curse" just a bunch of hogwash and didn't your teams, all those years, actually just inhale very quickly.:D
As for the Pats, barring injury to Brady, there is very little chance of anyone taking away their perfect season.

I got ten tix(@ face value) for three different home games within one hour during the red sox on line sale on December 15th. Nothing left now, but I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to get tix for all the games we wanted to see. Pretty good seats, too. I won't pay the outrageous on line ticket broker prices, though. Basically, it's legalized scalping. Hey, supply and demand economics, I guess.

LobstaMan

How did you pull this off. I waited online all day, and when I finally got in, all that was left was standing room and obstructed view.

However, neither he nor Manning were ever cursed with the teams that Marino had. Dan needed a quick release because he spent most of his time on his back, not gazing for an hour at the recievers like Brady does.

Marino is a sore subject for Pats fans with any memory. The Pats chose Tony Eason over Marino in the draft, and then watched Marino kick their asses over and over. Aside from that one time the Pats beat the Dolfins in the playoffs (squish the fish) I don't remember them ever beating Marino.

No question Marino would be one of the most dominant QBs in todays game, and quite possibly put up better numbers than he did when he played, but not with the offensive line the dolphins have this year.

Marino is a sore subject for Pats fans with any memory. The Pats chose Tony Eason over Marino in the draft, and then watched Marino kick their asses over and over. Aside from that one time the Pats beat the Dolfins in the playoffs (squish the fish) I don't remember them ever beating Marino.

Could be revisionist history on my part but I thought Marino played pretty poorly every time he came to New England. Conversely I do think the Pats only had one win against him in Miami.

Well when I took a trip down to MIA to see the pats game at joe robbie stadium at the time I think Marino did well and won. I didn't expect the patriots to win but that was then and of course this is now.
At least its a short week untill the giants game.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom