Paul Snook-Syracuse NY-DCL and Aquatic World-30,000+ students!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seabase

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Paul Snook passed away in May of 2010. Paul has his name on 30,000+ certfication cards. Paul taught the NASDS, YMCA, SSI, NAUI and PADI sysytems. Paul was a leader in SCUBA technology in NY in the 50's and 60's as diving was coming of age. He was involved in the oxygen business and started his first diving business, National Aquatic Service in Syracuse NY in 1958+-, which is still in business. Paul split from NAS in the 70's and started Diving Center of liverpool and also opened Aquatic World in N. Syracuse.

Paul's son Brian lives in Syracuse, Bruce lives in the Tampa area in Florida and Brenda lives in Leesburg Florida.

Paul's instructors over the years were Gary Comstock, Dan Johnson, Jim Anastasia, Tom Stannick and many more. If you ever met Paul, you certainly never forgot him...he was an awesome man.

I got my NASDS card from Diving Center of liverpool and my PADI re-cert from Aquatic World. Met Paul on once but he was very kind to a kid just starting out. He and Mo Hunt in the 1000 Island's our real legends of the dive business around here.

Back
Top Bottom