Paypal and your online bank account

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Then top it off with the so called security person saying it's fine, but never give out your password and don't worry, everyone is doing it.

The more I think about it..the more it makes sense.

PayPal is giving you two options, one gives instant access to the funds in your account, such as for someone who just won an Ebay auction and wants to pay for it...and therefore they need your online login and password, the other alternative is to just supply acct number and routing number and give it a few days.

I'm hoping that those who do choose the (rather foolish in my opinion) option of immediate access via password and user ID entry, are protected by PayPal who does not keep this information stored once they use it to verify the account.

I don't think there's any "bank agreement" at all, that's just something a customer service rep was advised to say.

Is it possible your friend was hijacked to a look-alike site? You can change your credit cards online with PayPal.

Is it possible your friend was hijacked to a look-alike site? You can change your credit cards online with PayPal.

If it was a "look alike" site there probably would not have been an option to apply without giving the user ID and password, and the phone representative from PayPal would not have confirmed that user names and passwords are requested during the application process.

I did this a few moths ago and as soon as the account was confirmed, I changed my log on name and password. No problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom