PC software for Nemo Wide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

popsiclediver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am thinking about getting a Nemo Wide for an Xmas gift, but can anyone tell/show me what the PC software looks like?
How customizable is it? Can you 'sort' dives into 'trips', 'weekends' and file them, or is it a sequential list? can you add extra info like weighting, exposure protection, air temp, conditions?
I have an old M1 without the Iris and I have a Citizen Aqualand NX with a fancy little graph showing my profile for each dive and the software is completely customizable...
Does the Mares Software have anything like this, or is it just a 'text' chart/excel-looking thing?
Thanks!

The Nemo Wide software is very similar to the Citizen NX - I have both. It is not just an "excel" type of output.

I find the interface easier on the NX software, mostly because I have used it for several years (had a Hyper Aqualand before) and the Nemo is relatively new. It does allow you to add information on weighting, buddy, location, etc. to the dive log.

You can keep multiple logs for the Nemo to separate trips/years, etc. The graph feature on the Nemo is great - you can move down it and see what your nitrogen loading was (for multiple compartments) during the dive (interesting to watch it go up and down for the various compartments).

The best part about the Nemo Wide is it so easy to read underwater - lots of easy to read information and the important stuff is BIG!!!

OK, I'm sold!
the wide screen is what we're looking for, easy on the eyes, and nice and flat compared to the M1!
does the Wide have the graph on the unit itself, like my Citizen, or just the PC software?

Thank you for your help!

No graph on the unit (at least I have not found one) - that seems to be unique to the Cyber NX. But as I said, the graph on the log is cooler.

Actually they are a great compliment to each other - I wear the Nemo Wide and carry the Cyber NX in a pocket. That way I can continue using it to log dives and it acts as a back-up if for some reason the Nemo Wides fails. Doing multiple dives over multiple days you really want a backup, so you never need to sit out a dive if there is a failure. Plus it is a way to track and be sure one of them is not getting out of calibration for some reason (temps and depths do vary by a little - but it is consistant).

Thanks for your help, we had mini-Christmas last night (cant be opening up dive gear the morning you leave for Roatan!) and the Nemo Wide got kudos and I got the new Mares Cruise Backpack bag! Yay! Thanks!

Just got done downloading the information from my Nemo Wide from our post Thanksgiving Cruise Diving. I really enjoy the ease of use and watching the dive progression - almost like doing the dive all over again - this worked even better when I looked at my pictures and the times and related them to the Nemo Wide dive graph.

Good luck with your Nemo Wide - I think you will be very pleased with it.

Back
Top Bottom