Pc Software use.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian Robinson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, Everybody. I just want to say 'THANK YOU" for all of the Great advise, I have received on my previous posts. I have a SUUNTO ZOOP NOVO dive computer. I have ordered the USB interface cable. So, I can connect it to my LapTop . I know I first need to down load the drivers and software. Is there any YouTube videos, that I can watch, to learn how to use all of the functions adequately?? I could also use a decent User Guide the one that came in the box is Crap

Last edited:
Don't even bother with Suunto's crap software. Pick up SubSurface or MacDive (if you're on a Mac) and use that for logging. Both of them are leaps and bounds better than Suunto's stuff.

What johnnyC said. If you feel you must use the Suunto software do NOT use DM5, get DM4. DM5 is a real mistake.
Spend some time in the DM5 thread. Dm5
The thread support guy from Suunto abandoned it and could not answer most of the questions or address the complaints.

Don't even bother with Suunto's crap software. Pick up SubSurface or MacDive (if you're on a Mac) and use that for logging. Both of them are leaps and bounds better than Suunto's stuff.
Probably a stupid Question:But> That software will work with my Suunto Zoop Novo??

Can you recommend a site to download it from

Subsurface

MacDive

Seriously, don't even bother with any of the Suunto software. DM4 just sucked less than DM5 does, but it still sucks.

Both work with the Zoop Novo. Subsurface is free, Macdive is $25, but has a free trial.

+1 JohnnyC

Subsurface

I have a suunto as well and use DiveLogDT on my Mac and DiveLog on my iOS devices. It syncs both ways so can download direct from your Suunto to dive computer or from manual entry at dive site/remote from iOS and update the data by syncing whichever way you want. You can then also backup both to iCloud. Love it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom