Pearl Harbor Day Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fox-Cousteau

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Saturday, Dec. 8th. We will have the first the annual Pearl Harbor Day dive. This year, since it is so short notice, we can do a spring dive. I have one of three sites that have shown a lot of interest within the club listed below.
1- Paradise Springs
2- Rainbow River
3- Devil's Den

Here is the plan... we can organize a joint meal (everyone brings something) be sure to bring your own refreshment (coke, water, coffee, etc):coffee:.

There will be a meet up at Gander and at the dive site, a chance to carpool, and a chance for us to get to know each other better. Be sure to plan on a two tank dive, and no you don't have to dive to attend. :D

Post your site vote and what food you're bringing.

I'll start off by saying I'll bring a Cajun Microwave (burner and propane tank) :eyebrow:and furnish some Louisiana Chicken and Sausage Gumbo (light on the spice for those used to bland food). :rofl3:

Going to dive Devil's Den. We can get a group rate if we arrive together and pay in cash.

Details for Devil's Den 12/8/07

here is a link for more information...

http://www.devilsden....

We'll meet up at the den between 8 and 8:45 for those who want to get in at the group rate of $25. You'll need to pay in cash so we all pay at the same time (Den's rules not mine). The early time is so we can reserve the BIG pavilion.

:callme:THE DIVE IS STILL A GO! :mrcool:
At this time, about 15 divers have committed to attend (doesn't count bubble watchers). Looks like we'll have a great time!:D

There have been a couple of people looking to car pool ($3 + / gal who wouldn't?) If you are willing to share space & expenses PLEASE post that info here.:lotsalove:

:confused:Is his a 2 tank dive?
that is up to each diver. From what I've been hearing (reading) most are planning on a 2 tanker, but if you are only good for 1 dive, no problems. There will still be lots to do topside while the rest get hypothermia :rofl3:

:confused:Is there a Nitrox refill at devels den? Not that I am aware of,:shakehead: however their air is O2 compatible and yes tanks are available to rent...Call ahead to reserve just to be safe. :)

You rock, uh, I mean, float! lol. I'm looking forward to our next group dive. This dive was great.
To everyone else a complete dive report is forthcoming.

Sorry this has taken so long to post, I guess I'll have to lose a letter grade for being late. lol

We had 19 divers and at least 1 wanna be at the den. on the 8th. There were divers from Iowa, Atlanta, Jacksonville, as well as C. FL. Believe it or not we had the place to ourselves!
After getting the dive fee and the safety briefing out of the way, we paired up into teams. The advanced divers (at least 3 were rescue cert.) paired with those novice divers who didn't already have a dive partner. The water was crystal clear and the viz was as good as I've ever seen there. Which would be expected since only 4 other divers had been in the water that day.

During the surface interval, I prepared chicken and sausage gumbo (you'll have to ask the others how good it was). Other divers brought bowls, plastic spoons, cuban bread, sodas, burgers and dogs, cookies and even chocolate covered pecans (do not day "pee-cans" it's "pa-cons")

Second dive was just as good as the first! Diving is fun, but it's better when we get to make new friends! Thanks to everyone who attended and I look forwarding to seeing you again soon as we gear up!

LOOK FOR THE DEVIL'S DEN EASTER UW EGG HUNT! COMING SOON!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom