Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PDT

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hi Everyone

I am pleased to announce on the 1st March a new online search and booking platform for certified SCUBA Divers goes Live!

Pelagic Dive Travel is an online dive travel company. The diver can enter what they want to see when. For example whale sharks in October. The results show on a world map and the diver can choose from Liveaboards, Dive Resorts or Resorts. They can then find the room or cabin that suits them, book pay and receive an instant confirmation.

Pelagic Dive Travel is an independent company that supports smaller operators as well as sourcing new and remote destinations. We do not book any flights and we add the extras to make sure your dive Discovery is memorable.

Become a Founding Member of the 1st March and receive 5% off your first booking.
(Valid on liveaboards, dive resorts not on any extras, environmental, scientific or not-for-profit trips).

Pelagic Dive Travel

Registered, links on the site aren't working properly (no link to take me to any of the booking type pages. You need to get the home page set up better so that you can easily go from it to the booking pages etc (I eventually found a way to get there, through my account profile but it's far from intuitive). The only way I found to get there was after creating an account, going back to the main page, then clicking an unlabeled icon on the left side to go to my account page where the main website seemed to be supported. Having to login to get there is going to put off some people as well (since most are used to being able to search for vacations etc without ever logging in to anything, including hotels/resorts/liveaboards/etc). So you might want to change that. Just my notes on the site for you.

Hi jlcnuke

Thank you for your reply. Yes, you are correct. The website will be live on the 1st March - tomorrow, this was more an information note.

You won't have to log in to anything, as its a search and booking platform, but on booking, you will have to be or become a member though as this is where your details will be. Another benefit of this is that you can upload your cert card, travel insurance, and your flight details so it's attached to your liveaboard booking. That way the operator has it and if necessary you can show it from your phone. Also after your first booking, you are entitled to a repeat diver savings.

Well done on getting in, I hope you like what you saw :)

Back
Top Bottom