Pemuteran/Menjangan Dive Outfits and Accommodation Query

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So... we are heading for Bali for five days and have decided that this area looks pretty good for a new place to go.

The confusing part is finding a recommended dive outfit in the area and deciding on accommodation. We don't want to spend stupid money on accommodation and we travel with our own gear. The idea of horse riding is also appealing although I gather that can probably be organised outside of the accommodation anyway.

Any suggestions/recommendations or personal opinions will be seriously woo hooed. I guess the other issue is organising a pick up from the airport because the notion of spending hours on a bus when we have such a short stay is off putting...

We stayed at the Mimpi in Menjangen (Fall 2007) and absolutely loved the place. The diving was really great, and the resort was utterly wonderful. Not cheap by any definition, but we felt it was money well spent. They had their driver pick us up (in Kuta) and bring us - for which I was thankful, I don't want to drive there.

Jubawa Homestay is affordable and comfortable.
We had no complaints about the accommodation or dive ops.
They have a website.

Adi Assri is a bit little bit more than Jubawa, but still not expensive.....I haven't stayed there so don't know how they are.

Most places in the area are quite pricey. These are the two that I know to be more for the budget minded traveler.

Awesome! Thank you! Mimpi looks lovely and I do like the look of Adi Assri. I will investigate Jubawa Homestay as well.. thank you! We are happy to pay around 100 USD per night or a little more... what about dive companies? Are there any that anyone would recommend?
Further, regarding accommodation - has anyone got any ideas what Taman Sari Resort is like and who they are associated with in regards to diving?

Did a single dive with Reef Seen Aquatics a few weeks ago. (Long story - needed to test my camera before a liveaboard trip but couldn't dive any more than the one dive as I was with my non diving partner and we were going the other way on Bali and I was not interested in the tourist diving in East Bali) We were headed back to East Bali so did not stay, but had we decided to stay a few days in that neck of the woods I would have stayed a few days.

Anyway to make a very long story short I was impressed. They cater pretty much exclusively to divers - the guide was exactly what I needed, and the resort is specifically designed for divers and is all about diving. The rooms are basic, but clean with AC, hot water, a private bathroom, in a nice garden and the resort is right on the beach.

Lots of nicer places to stay but you will pay for them. Next door to a VERY nice resort - so you can pop over for a very nice diner if you want. 2 minute walk. Price for the accomodation was about $50 a night mid December so very reasonable. The very nice resort was anywhere from 150 to 250 a night for the same time and if you want a very nice private/semi private villa in a manicured garden I would have a look at that. I don't remember the name however :-(

Reef Seen Aquatics Dive Resort R#6499
Reef View Bungalows
Desa Pemuteran, Gerokgak
Singaraja 81155, Bali. Indonesia
Hp: +62 (0)8123 894051
web <www.reefseenbali.com>

It is a long way from the airport to Pemuteran 4 to 6 hours depending on traffic, you might want to look at a flight.

There aren't any internal flights in Bali.

Whoever you decide to dive with/stay with, ask them to arrange airport pick up for you.
It will probably cost about 600,000 IDR. You will be happy you opted for private transport even if it costs more.

Taman Sari affiliates with Bali Diving Academy.

There aren't any internal flights in Bali.

Whoever you decide to dive with/stay with, ask them to arrange airport pick up for you.
It will probably cost about 600,000 IDR. You will be happy you opted for private transport even if it costs more.

Taman Sari affiliates with Bali Diving Academy.
Thought I saw an airfield at Pemuteran so assumed there was some kind of internal flight. Too bad, that is a very long drive :-(

Another vote for Reef Seen, very professional outfit and nice quiet accommodation :cool2:

Chris at Reef Seen is very accomadating. Very nice, comfortable rooms. There are great restaurants up and down the beach. There is some nice diving right in front of the resort (although I hate the Bio-rocks look like junk) and we took some Mandarin fish pictures. Chris is a bit of a Eco-nazi but this does help protect the reefs. Short boat trip out to Menjangan Island, well worth doing. Got some nice turtle shots, soft corals etc. Bright white sand bottom, very different from Tulamben. Would love to dive there again.

Thanks for great recommendation about Bali Diving Academy!
Unsure if this fit your travel budget?

5 Days Diving (10 dives) 3 days diving (6 dives) at Pemuteran Offshore reefs, 2 days diving (4 dives) choice between Menjangan/Secret Bay/Puri Jati Seririt USD410 per person.
(includes hotel pick up in Pemuteran area/tanks, weight belts, dive guide, community contribution, parking, porter fees, refreshments, drinking water, service and taxes)

Accommodation in Taman Sari*
Garden View Cottage USD68/room/night (B&B)
Standard AC Room USD50/room/night (B&B)
*Price apply for low season only

Airport transfer USD45/pax/way (if 3 - 4 Pax sharing a car USD35/Pax)

Let me know if I can assist further:)

Back
Top Bottom