Pensacola questions please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

craborn

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name is Clay. I am from Louisiana. My wife and I are wanting to take a vacation in June and drive down to Pensacola Florida. With a 15 month old and a 15 wk old girls we need a break. Could you please give some good shore dive locations names, dive shop names, local attractions and some motels that are cheap and safe. We spend every weekend at the lake diving here. We are looking forward to some ocean time. Thanks for info! See you underwater........

Been a while since I've stayed in Pensacola. We have been staying in Gulf Shores the last several years. We used to stay at a condo on Santa Rosa Island. Here's two dive shops I've done business with. They have external links for information and local lodging. When are you coming? My family will be down the week of June 11. I can emphasize with you, my youngest two are about as far apart as your two. Some local shore dives include the whiskey wreck, jetties, and some debris fields and destroyed piers. I'll be diving a few while we are there.

http://www.mbtdivers.com/
http://www.gulfdiver.net/

AL

We will be there from June 29-July 2

Pensacola Beach Reef, which is composed of pier rubble from the old pier, is located a couple hundred feet East of the new pier, maybe 150 meters off the beach in 16-20' of water. Ask the lifeguards exactly where to line up. Lots of marine life and usually quite a bit of fun.

Navarre Beach Pier in Navarre Beach, the pier is damaged enough to make it condemned to surface usage, so divers get to use it anytime they want now.

Dunno how far you want to travel from P'Cola, but those are the closest two land accessible sites I know about. There are some jetties in Destin and Orange Beach, as well as a few wrecks in Gulf Shores. All beach accessible.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Navarre Beach Pier in Navarre Beach, the pier is damaged enough to make it condemned to surface usage, so divers get to use it anytime they want now.

How would you rate this dive Mat, as compared to p-cola beach rubble?

You may want to check out my website for lists of hotels and other things to do.

Hope you enjoy your time here. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

ShagMan:
How would you rate this dive Mat, as compared to p-cola beach rubble?

I rate it as fun :p

Less relief since the majority of the pylons are still upright, but that alone can give the dive a different feel. Vis can be good. Life can be plentiful. Neither is a given, by any means :wink:

Don't forget about Vortex Spring near by..........I enjoyed it better than diving a couple 'wrecks'( not much to them) off Pensacola about 5 or 6 yrs ago.......

SuPrBuGmAn:
I rate it as fun :p

Less relief since the majority of the pylons are still upright, but that alone can give the dive a different feel. Vis can be good. Life can be plentiful. Neither is a given, by any means :wink:

Sounds great, when are we going? :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom