Pepper Park, Ft. Pierce 6/14/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EMTP -- I think when he says BBQ he means Grill. I HIGHLY recommend meeting up in the north parking lot. The big pavillion is usually taken but there is a smaller one by the eastern tree line. The throughway is there if people bring their Yaks. Having bought the wheels I will gladly loan them out. I believe there is a small Grill by the small pavillion if Not I can toss mine in the truck no problem. I think I also have a sunshade canopy in my shed I have to look.

For lunch I am guessing potato salad Hot Dogs hamburgers---- OR --- Steve will just bring in a 800# Bullshark on his dive knife and we will have shark steaks with lemmon pepper on the grill..

EMTP -- I think when he says BBQ he means Grill. I HIGHLY recommend meeting up in the north parking lot. The big pavillion is usually taken but there is a smaller one by the eastern tree line. The throughway is there if people bring their Yaks. Having bought the wheels I will gladly loan them out. I believe there is a small Grill by the small pavillion if Not I can toss mine in the truck no problem. I think I also have a sunshade canopy in my shed I have to look.

For lunch I am guessing potato salad Hot Dogs hamburgers---- OR --- Steve will just bring in a 800# Bullshark on his dive knife and we will have shark steaks with lemmon pepper on the grill..

Conditions have been great the past week and should hold through the weekend!! :D Diving should be great! Like Orlando says, the northern most parkinglot and crossover seems to be the best bet. As for the cookout/BBQ, I will bring charcoal/grill, bubba burgers/buns, basic condiments, paper plates and a case of bottled water. Other items needed might include:
Soda
Chips
fruit salad
Potato salad
beans
shark steaks
loinfish fillets
radio/ipod
Whole pineapple

My brother and I and possibly girlfriend will dive off kayaks and would like to visit the urca DE lema. Its easy to find and just to make sure I'm bringing the gps. Whadda think? Whos coming?

Steve I walked the beach at Waveland beach at 0600 this morning 06/12/2009 it was AS FLAT AS a pop warner cheerleading squad and so clear I could see the bottom from shore.
Shark Steaks.. I'd promise to bring them but Publix comes and goes with these.
Lionfish steaks -- I am still trying.
PineApple is easy the local Publix has these all the time. I'll bring that and my vintage 1980's Aqualung dive knife to cut them up.
I am bringing my Yak and Wheeleez to loan out to whoever might need them.

I'm driving up I-95 to Mims on Sunday to pick up two puppy mill rescues for fostering, and I'm going to try to head over on my way up to say hi! I'm so glad I'm headed to Mims instead of Orlando, an easier trip AND I'll get to see y'all.

Would love to come but how far of a swim is it to the area from the beach. Don't have a kayak so we would be swimming out and the wife is not much for carring her equipment out.

Domy-- about 100 yards to the first patch reef. The trek across the beach is not that far at all.

Domy-- and if you want to try Dive Yakking anytime there is a shop at SeaWay and US1 (South Bridge) Dive Oddessey which rents Kayaks for diving.

. ... The trek across the beach is not that far at all.

This is subject to interpretation based on age bracket. I think the walk is nothing, but some of my worldly (OLD) diver friends think its too far w/o a wagon..

In other news, I will have a cooler packed with necessities, but have no way to lock it up in my Wrangler... Anyone wanna volunteer their car/truck as a temporary home for cookout supplies? Thanks in advance!

See ya tomorrow

Steve

This is subject to interpretation based on age bracket. I think the walk is nothing, but some of my worldly (OLD) diver friends think its too far w/o a wagon..

In other news, I will have a cooler packed with necessities, but have no way to lock it up in my Wrangler... Anyone wanna volunteer their car/truck as a temporary home for cookout supplies? Thanks in advance!

See ya tomorrow

Steve

Steve,

I'll be more than happy to store it. I have a Toyota Matrix with newly tinted windows! I can't believe I went 3+ years without window tint.

I looked at Google maps and it is the north parking lot by the tennis courts, correct?

I am really looking forward to this, I hope no one bangs out sick tomorrow.

Curt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom