Perdix AI: Powerful, Simple….. Reliable ? (apologies, a rant)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe Shearwater is not the DC to have for people living in Europe after all. Now strongly considering Aqualung, or other such mainstream brands with some serious support network.

I know that the Perdix is a forum darling, and very likely for good reason, but on this side of the Atlantic, their service seems seriously sub-par.
I strongly recommend you look at Ratio computers, they are made in Italy.

You mentioned the U.K., here the Shearwaters are serviced by Narked at 90 and they have good customer service.

Won’t help you much if they are not your official service centre I guess.

Contact Narked at 90. They provide excellent and responsive service and are used to dealing with the EU. Shearwater and Narked have a deservedly good reputation for support.

Wonder if the French office is En Vacance until next week?

You sent an email to someone in France in August? It will never be answered! Either they are on vacation or on strike.

I’ve lived in Switzerland for over six years and I have never seen a Shearwater computer here. There is one dive shop that sells them nearby but I don’t know how many they sell.
Yesterday we wrote to the UK service center, Narked@90.

Today we already had the response, with the return form to fill and the confirmation that it will be handled under warranty ! We only need to pay for outgoing shipping.

Let's see what the turnaround time is, but frankly we are hardly in a hurry anyway.

We're feeling a lot more confident about the brand now. Let's hope that the repair includes the change to the updated button design. Mine is a Perdix 2 which should have the issue already addressed (fingers crossed).

Here in the NL many of the online shops carry Shearwater, but no service center listed. Just the French one. And looking at their website, it doesn't even seem to be active....
Dealing with shipping to UK is just a bit more paperwork, but if the response is always this good I may not even bother with the French site if ever needed in the future.

Thanks for the virtual "ear lending" to my rant, and for the advice to use Narked@90, seems to be way to go.

I have a problem with one of my Shearwater computers which I need to be fixed quickly. Pinged an email to Narked@90 on Monday (which was a bank holiday in the UK) and received an email back. Filled in the form and got the returns ID and sent it to them yesterday (Tues). They say there's a 5 day turnaround.

Narked have a well earned respected reputation.

Added:
Had an email from Narked this morning: "Just a curtesy email to let you know your computer has arrived with us and the turnaround is five days"

Narked at 90 fixed a perdix Ai button issue for me. Communication is always excellent with them.

They even answer my stupid questions when my son mixed up the springs from my CCR counterlung and the CCR wing and I needed to confirm which one was stiffer 😂

Yesterday we wrote to the UK service center, Narked@90.

Today we already had the response, with the return form to fill and the confirmation that it will be handled under warranty ! We only need to pay for outgoing shipping.

Let's see what the turnaround time is, but frankly we are hardly in a hurry anyway.

We're feeling a lot more confident about the brand now. Let's hope that the repair includes the change to the updated button design. Mine is a Perdix 2 which should have the issue already addressed (fingers crossed).

Here in the NL many of the online shops carry Shearwater, but no service center listed. Just the French one. And looking at their website, it doesn't even seem to be active....
Dealing with shipping to UK is just a bit more paperwork, but if the response is always this good I may not even bother with the French site if ever needed in the future.

Thanks for the virtual "ear lending" to my rant, and for the advice to use Narked@90, seems to be way to go.
Exactly the same experience I've had with them (also button issue). So I'd say your confidence is warranted:)

I think the service center in France for Shearwater is relatively new due, and largely came about due to Brexit. I've heard they're quite busy (being new and all). Plus, August in the EU...

*Edit to note that Narked@90 was I think the only service center in Europe pre-Brexit, I may be wrong though.*

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom