Perdix for freediving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I highly recommend getting a computer that has been designed for freediving. I’ve got a mares smart as my freedive/back up scuba computer and a peregrine as my main scuba computer.

I occasionally do days where the first session is freediving and the second is scuba. You just have clear the mares to re enable dive mode. I figure my brief times free diving at up to 50ft can’t add too much nitrogen loading. I always have a surface interval between and don’t do anything too close to ndl on the scuba dive.

I highly recommend getting a computer that has been designed for freediving. I’ve got a mares smart as my freedive/back up scuba computer and a peregrine as my main scuba computer.

I occasionally do days where the first session is freediving and the second is scuba. You just have clear the mares to re enable dive mode. I figure my brief times free diving at up to 50ft can’t add too much nitrogen loading. I always have a surface interval between and don’t do anything too close to ndl on the scuba dive.
I have a DiveBud (audio dive computer designed for freediving) as my primary for freediving, but needs a wrist computer to look at the max depth, so wondering if Perdix is good enough. DiveBud does have surface interval between dives, but I don't think it tracks between freediving and scuba

Hello there, not sure if it's appropriate to reply an old post like this on this forum so apology in advance. I'm also thinking of buying a new dive computer and could only afford one, and I do both scuba and freediving. I wear drysuits for virtually all scuba dives so would like to get a perdix, since most freediving watches do not offer the extended wrist belt option (and perdix got larger screen). However would perdix's size be a problem and create too much drag underwater?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom