Perfect dive vacation...where to?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mff18b

Registered
Reaction score
Ok, first off...I am a rather new diver with the OW cert. I am looking to take a vacation next month and am pretty much open and not too worried about the price. I am trying to make this an absolutely unforgettable trip. I am hoping to gleen some info from you all as to where you would dive if you had your choice of locations.
Please include reasons why you opted for the locations. Please keep in mind that I am rather new and am not really looking for anything that is for an advanced diver, also I am not looking for a live aboard.
Thanks for your help in advance......this should be interesting...Jerry

Hi Jerry.

Just recently back from Deep Blue (Steve's resort) He just posted above.

Don't hesitate to go there. See Singles trip resort. Awsome diving and awsome hospitality.

Don't be shy Steve, speak up! You knew the correct answer!!!

I would go to the Florida Keys. You'll probably find everything you're looking for, with lots of dive operators all along US1 to keep your diving needs fulfilled. Plus, if you don't like the Keys, you can head back to the mainland and do some diving at Lauterdale by the Sea. If you want stamps in your passport, then a trip to the islands would be good. Is your primary reason for the trip to go diving, or do you plan on doing other activities and get a couple of dives in? It all depends on what you are looking for. Talking to a travel agent for ideas would also provide lots of good benefits, and you don't necessarily have to book through them either.

lol, I was afraid this would happen. My reason to go on the trip is to dive, in warm water! Now, having said that I wouldnt mind a little night life but my main aim is to dive and relax.
I am looking for a diving utopia, somewhere that is near perfect in every aspect.
Standing by for the next set of questions...........Thanks....Jerry

mff18b:
lol, I was afraid this would happen. My reason to go on the trip is to dive, in warm water! Now, having said that I wouldnt mind a little night life but my main aim is to dive and relax.
I am looking for a diving utopia, somewhere that is near perfect in every aspect.
Standing by for the next set of questions...........Thanks....Jerry

Go to Grand Turk in the Turks and Caicos Islands. It's a very small island with a few dive ops, 5-6 hotels and a bar! It was my first real dive trip and still one of my favorites and I've been all over the world. Wonderful clear water, easy diving, lots of fish. I dove with Oasis Divers. It's run by a lady named Dale Barker, she will take very good care of you. I can give you the name of a travel agent who set everything up for me if you like. Just PM me, I don't want to sound like a commercial on here.

Back
Top Bottom