Perforated Eardrum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mnmike

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Jan 06 I perforated my eardrum, it took until July to heal. My EMT has cleared me to dive but I am apprehensive. I can equalize my damaged ear easily but the ear that was not injured takes more effort. I would like to complete my OW and continue to dive but I am aprhensive. Any suggestions or advice?

mnmike:
Jan 06 I perforated my eardrum, it took until July to heal. My EMT has cleared me to dive but I am apprehensive. I can equalize my damaged ear easily but the ear that was not injured takes more effort. I would like to complete my OW and continue to dive but I am aprhensive. Any suggestions or advice?

Talk to your doc. You'll probably need a note from him anyway, before you can go back to class.

Terry

mnmike:

I "blew both" eardrums early this (or was it last?) year. If your EMT has cleared you, you should be OK, but clearing your ears should not take "effort". Perhaps your EMT can prescribe something like Astelin, Nasonex or Flonase to help keep your sinuses, etc. clear.

Were you on steroids? Whatever you do not force your ears to clear. Do not clear after the dive on the surface if you feel pressure after a dive. I blew my ears on my first open water and am still diving just keep an eye on your ears and go to the doc if they hurt.

mnmike:

Thanks for all of the information. I was not taking streroids but I did take Sudefed pre dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom