Perhaps Starbuck's isn't the issue...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This story rings true the world around. This is the same in Yap and Komodo as well as The Red Sea
Thailand is on the down slide Vietnam is next as we type. Croatia was invaded by those who missed the Tuscany Boom. .......

you an add vanuatu, fiji, nuie, tonga, png, solomons.... the list goes on :(

i remember when nuie's k-mart was just a shack with a red K painted on it and chickens wandering around... now them were the good times :wink:

I was in Cozumel last month and truly LOVED it. Sure it's becoming more developed but it wasn't a negative to my experience. I just avoided the cruise ship crowds most of the time. It's still paradise, the diving is EXCELLENT, and if you travel a few blocks in from the ocean, local restaurants are FULL of charm and TASTY cuisine. I'll be going back for sure!!!! I might even suck down a caramel frappacino and smile.

we always stay at the Occidental Grand(e). It is far enough out and a relatively quiet resort. It feels like a vacation because it isn't in town. Most of the dive sites are within 2-8 minutes (boat ride) from their pier. You can rent a scooter and drive further south and see the rest of the beautiful island. I don't know if the few and far between bars are still there, but there are also some shops down there where you barely see any tourists. I don't feel the need to stay at a resort in town when that is what I am trying to get away from. If I am not diving then I can sit on the beach and have some peace and quiet. Try staying a little further down the island and see if you like it better there.

where is the location exactly of starbucks in cozumel? and what was there before it at that store...?
we just having a bet with friends....

where is the location exactly of starbucks in cozumel? and what was there before it at that store...?

Someone in another thread said that it was in the Punta Langosta complex, which is directly across the street from the in-town cruise ship pier.

It's in Punta Langosta mall in a freestanding octagon shaped building with a palapa roof right next to the lighthouse...nothing was there before.

What's all this nonsense about paradise, anyway? Paradise is a chimera of a empty island warmed by tropic breezes, where happy non-enties bring the drinks and serve as pliant props for our fantasies of unspoiled life. (See "coming of age in Samoa" by Margeret Mead. It turned out to be fiction.)
Cozumel is a real place, full of real people who work hard to make a living. They work, raise families, run restaurants and shops. They sell condos on the streets because that's what it takes to make a living sometimes. They have a terrific festival every Sunday night they share with us. They are polite (even the Taxi drivers) and funny when you listen to them. Many labor hard in the sun to build things the tourists dismiss as inauthentic. Coz has miles of beautiful beaches any one of us can use. Where I live, (NY-NJ) miles of coastline are off-limits, or "town residents only". At night San Miquel can be jumping in the square, and nearly silent a few blocks in. I love looking at those catamarans moored by the lighthouse. The captains are master boat-handlers, the DM are pro's who can help the least skillfull diver who shows up with a c-card.
I like Coz because it's a real place, with real people. Paradise is a dream. Starbucks can't hurt Coz.

Paradise is a dream.

to quote Jimmy Buffett when he was asked "Where is Margaritaville" his answer was "Anywhere you want it to be".....and so is paradise:)

to quote Jimmy Buffett when he was asked "Where is Margaritaville" his answer was "Anywhere you want it to be".....and so is paradise:)

:D
Thanks for reminding us Parrothead!

for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so
: Act 2, Scene 2 of Shakespeare's Hamlet

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom