perils with no dive weight?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I'm not mistaken, I recall reading somewhere that sometimes its difficult to disconnect the hose as air is being surging in to the BCD.
Harder to re attach than disconnect. Really no big deal. Try it for practice at the end of your next dive.... Or in a pool.

I completely forgot to mention that the first thing I'd obviously try to do is disconnect the inflator.
If I'm not mistaken, I recall reading somewhere that sometimes its difficult to disconnect the hose as air is being surging in to the BCD.

Hence, the second option of purging through the BCD kidney valve and inflator hose.
With gloves it may be difficult. If it's a concern you may be able to swap out the connectors to the larger AIR2 style. It's about 3x as bigger than a standard connector.

In case of runaway inflator, first use the inflator's dump button, then disconnect the inflator hose. If the inflator hose is stuck, the dump button should release enough that you can do a controlled ascent.

In case of runaway inflator, first use the inflator's dump button, then disconnect the inflator hose. If the inflator hose is stuck, the dump button should release enough that you can do a controlled ascent.

I may practice that next dive.
@Searcaigh, on a totally unrelated note - would you like to be my dive partner next dive?:daydream:

:D:D

would you like to be my dive partner next dive

What's your plan?

If you're around when it's time to ascend, I'll keep an eye on you.

The next three dives are already planned with Kerstin and Theresia on Thursday.

I had an inflator fail once but it was just a slow addition of air. It took me a little while to figure out why I had go keep dumping air from the wing until I finally realized what I was listening to. I just replaced it during the surface interval--they're cheap enough that there's no reason not to carry a spare,

What's your plan?

If you're around when it's time to ascend, I'll keep an eye on you.

The next three dives are already planned with Kerstin and Theresia on Thursday.

was only joking that we buddy up while I attempt to purge a simulated blown inflator :D

was only joking that we buddy up while I attempt to purge a simulated blown inflato

We'll anchor you to a rock with some line to stop you shooting to the surface :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom