Personal update - skipping town for Europe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theITdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just wanted to post a little update before I skip the country for a while. I leave tomorrow (Friday 30 Aug) for approx 6.5 weeks in the Mediterranean! Sometimes I love my job :) I will be in:

Greece
-Athens
-Santorini
-Mykonos

Italy
-Venice
-Naples/Capri
-Rome
-Florence

Spain
-Barcelona

France
-Nice (villenfranche)

Croatia
-Dubrovnik
-Split

Turkey
-Ephesus (Kusadai)
-Istanbul

It looks like there is some good divign to be had, especially in Croatia. I plan to dive as much as possible as work allows. If anyone has ANY advice about diving (spots, operators, charters etc) please forward them on to me! Assuming I come home when planned and dont get extended, I'll be home just long enough to shake off my jetlag then head for fall meet and greet :14:

Last week I spent 4 days in Morehead City, NC deep wreck diving with Olympus diving. We dodged around hurricane Fay a bit, ended up a bit seasick but got a lot of good diving in. We dove on the Endra, pappose, and Spar with vis between 50' and 100'. Saw some 5' Baracuda, 15' Sand Tiger sharks and Nurse sharks, as well as lionfish, flounder, some Rays and assorted other sea life. Overall it was a great trip despite everyone ending up seasick from the weather.

If anyone needs to get ahold of me while I am gone, email is best. brenner.robert<AT>gmail<DOT>com. I should have reliable internet as long as our sattelites are behaving (they have been lately). If you email me, I can put you on the list to get email updates and pictures as I travel! HOpe to see everyone when I get back!

Rob

Darn,you're skipping the best place around.:(
They all come and dive the Netherlands.:D

Talk to my boss about that! I would love to come dive in the Netherlands, but we don't have any work to be done there :) Break something really important in a theater or SatComm or broadcast center on a cruise ship that docks up there and I'll be there ASAP!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom