PETE SPOKE!!! (AND WE RECORDED IT)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken Kurtis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Many thank to The Chairman for being our guest speaker last night for Zoom Seekers. The topic was "The Secrets of ScubaBoard" and if you missed it or just want to hear his words of wisdom again, you can catch it at your leisure through this link:

ZOOM SEEKERS - SECRETS OF SCUBABOARD (SEPT 2021)

Thanks for recording the session. Then I will be able to attend on 9/16 Zulu-ish time.

I enjoyed the talk this morning while having breakfast, better than watching the news :)

Thanks for posting this Ken Kurtis! As a long-time ScubaBoard member going back to late 2005 under two different usernames (Divin'Hoosier and Divin'Papaw), it was fun to watch along. Good job Pete, The Chairman!

I don’t have anything against old people; some people think I am one. The demographic in the session, though, gave me some pause. I’m not sure what to make of that.

I don’t have anything against old people; some people think I am one. The demographic in the session, though, gave me some pause. I’m not sure what to make of that.

Yep. I'm more than ok with the "get off my lawn generation" I think I'm old enough to be one of them, but don't be talking about the possibilities of the industry getting new blood and put new divers down on the same breath. Forgot the term used... new tube breathers? ... whatever.

I'm old and my vision is half of what it used to be, however I see quite well the hypocrisy and arrogance. Besides that, good for them for getting together and "being relevant"

I'm just a diver, an old solo diver at that. I have had experiences both topside and U/W that truly enriched my life and I try to share them. Yes, at times many of us goof a bit and that seems to annoy you.

I can't imagine anyone more elite than a Marine Scientist who is also a Master Instructor. You are a potential part of the solution to the problem of attracting new divers. If you only added your science to this board like @MaxBottomtime and others do...

I'm just a diver, an old solo diver at that. I have had experiences both topside and U/W that truly enriched my life and I try to share them. Yes, at times many of us goof a bit and that seems to annoy you.

I can't imagine anyone more elite than a Marine Scientist who is also a Master Instructor. You are a potential part of the solution to the problem of attracting new divers. If you only added your science to this board like @MaxBottomtime and others do...
I apologize if you thought I was referring to you. I was simply adding my thoughts on top of yours, not arguing or insinuating.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom