Peter Duffin - Oriskany 10/22/2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Murchison

Trusty Shellback
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Peter Duffin was apparently lost on the Oriskany Saturday October 22nd 2011.
Rick

Last edited:
To all the people involved in the search and recovery of Peter Duffin,

We would like to thank you for all your efforts in finding our Dad. We have watched this thread and several others in the past week and it has helped us to understand what may have happened to him. We hope these discussions continue to help prevent accidents in the future.

He was doing something he loved and hopefully this doesn't put people off doing something they enjoy.

Thank you

Mel and Chris Duffin
East Yorkshire, England

Thanks Mel & Chris-
I'm so sorry for your loss. Your father was a good friend to so many here in California. He will truly be missed.
He loved his family, friends, the ocean, and life.
best-
Shawn

My heart go out to his family...to his children, his sister, and especially his adoring wife. As for me I lost a wonderful dive buddy and a very dear friend. Pete was a highly accomplished wreck diver as well as a highly trained tech diver. Indeed, I had the honor of diving with Pete on wrecks in California and I am here to say he we lost not only one of our own, we lost one of the best. Pete was a very caring person and for all those who knew and loved him, this is a great loss.

God bless you, Pete. God rest your soul...you will continued to be missed!

My thoughts and prayers go out to Peter's wife Angela and all of Pete's family and friends. He was a fun guy to dive with and I will miss him.

To all the people involved in the search and recovery of Peter Duffin,

We would like to thank you for all your efforts in finding our Dad. We have watched this thread and several others in the past week and it has helped us to understand what may have happened to him. We hope these discussions continue to help prevent accidents in the future.

He was doing something he loved and hopefully this doesn't put people off doing something they enjoy.

Thank you

Mel and Chris Duffin
East Yorkshire, England

Very sad news indeed. I met your father once on a dive boat, and he seemed like a good man.

Very sorry for your loss.

Nick

RIP Pete. We are going to miss you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom