Petition against shark finning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Iain-le-roi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Recently I contacted Tesco about their choice to sell shark fin soup in the Asia stores. Someone suggested it on another forum so I contacted them and got the following response.

"I appreciate your concerns about the sale of shark meat in our in stores in Thailand.

Please let me assure you that we appreciate your concerns and for taking the time to bring your comments to our attention.

Our decision to sell shark meat reflects a balance between the very important issues of sustainability and welfare, and demand from customers in Thailand where different traditions and values on this issue exist.

We regularly review the sales of our products and have noted that demand for shark meat is relatively low. We have therefore decided to withdraw the product from sale in our Thai stores.

Thank you for taking the time to bring your comments to our attention.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us at customer.service@tesco.co.uk"

I was really pleased to here this so was wondering if anyone had any other examples of ways to petition and coprporates (that are particular offendors) to contact and voice your disapproval?

Wow, that's great. I have a couple places here in Vancouver that i'm going to start writing letters to. Your story is inspiring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom