For Sale Petrel 2 by Shearwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

images

This one doesn't look like it has enough "structure" to work well mounted on bungees. Hopefully, I'm mistaken.

I think you're correct. That looks like the Flexi/Shoulder Pouch that I have. It's made of soft neoprene.

What do you mean by "the bottom two threads"?

Looking at it again, I think I just answered my own question. I think what you're saying is that the Eezycut Harness Pouch is sewn all along its length, and the reason we see the bungee passing through the bottom is that you cut the stitching at the bottom to make a passage for the bungee.

The one featured in the un-hijacked thread is the watch band mount.

I don't like wrist mounting at all, but canister-keeper mounting doesn't look bad. I just prefer to keep cutting devices together on the left side where they're expected to be in case I'm diving drunk or something.
Easycut_3.jpg

Last edited:
The one I used was the wrist pouch.
Wrist Pouch - Eezycut

As for keeping cutting devices all on one side, i prefer to be able to reach some type of device by either hand. Therfore i keep a short knife on my waist strap just left of my buckle and a wrist mounted eezycut on my right wrist computer.

YMMV

I try to avoid entanglements below and above water. ;-)

Sorry. No video.

I was on a wreck with some hanging fishing line. It was really an entanglement hazard. It snagged me but a quick stop and a couple of back kicks I was free. So of course I wanted to cut the line to remove the hazard for others. Although I use a 25 watt can light with a goodman handle, it was so dark I couldn't see my hands when I went to cut the line which I was able to pull in front of me. After that dive bought a glow in the dark eezycut.

I find it easier to unsheath and sheath from my wrist when using wet or dry gloves. I have on my waist an open blade but try to avoid using an open blade as much as possible. Don't want to slice or poke a hole in my drysuit by accident.

I try to avoid entanglements below and above water. ;-)

Sorry. No video.

I was on a wreck with some hanging fishing line. It was really an entanglement hazard. It snagged me but a quick stop and a couple of back kicks I was free. So of course I wanted to cut the line to remove the hazard for others. Although I use a 25 watt can light with a goodman handle, it was so dark I couldn't see my hands when I went to cut the line which I was able to pull in front of me. After that dive bought a glow in the dark eezycut.

I find it easier to unsheath and sheath from my wrist when using wet or dry gloves. I have on my waist an open blade but try to avoid using an open blade as much as possible. Don't want to slice or poke a hole in my drysuit by accident.

No worries, I was just flabbergasted by the clarity of the pictures and knew I wouldn't be able to sleep if I didn't ask for video. I'm glad I did.

Yeah, the glow-in-dark one is waaay better in darkish water. Never had to use one (thanks back kick), but I have charged one when trying it out and the difference between charged and not charged is striking.

Yeah, the glow-in-dark one is waaay better in darkish water. Never had to use one (thanks back kick), but I have charged one when trying it out and the difference between charged and not charged is striking.

Does it come with US and European voltage adapters? How long does the charge last?

Does it come with US and European voltage adapters? How long does the charge last?

You charge it by taking it apart and inserting the blade directly into a 220 outlet. re "how long does the charge last?"; your burn-time may vary.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom