Petrel Firmware V29 Released

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any chance of the non-hardware specific changes coming to the Predator? I'd like a timer in the middle row without having to run in Gauge mode.

Downloaded it today. The compass feature is nice, I really like the stopwatch feature. I use the stopwatch quite a bit more. I'm glad it was added

Sent via

Got to play with your compass quite a bit today. I like it a lot. Of course, I have a suggestion... :D

When the "little compass" hits 0/360, 90, 180, or 270 replace those numbers with the corresponding cardinal direction. Yes, I know that this would only flash on for a sec or only stay on while going in that exact direction, but this would tie the two systems of measuring direction together (constant reinforcement) and provides confirmation that you really are going in the direction that most of us "think" in.

Well done and thanks again.

---------- Post added July 18th, 2015 at 10:41 PM ----------

BTW, Love the little green dot!

For me the cardinal direction flash would be a distraction. Some of us think in azimuth space, rather than in quadrants. ;~)

Got to play with your compass quite a bit today. I like it a lot. Of course, I have a suggestion... :D

When the "little compass" hits 0/360, 90, 180, or 270 replace those numbers with the corresponding cardinal direction. Yes, I know that this would only flash on for a sec or only stay on while going in that exact direction, but this would tie the two systems of measuring direction together (constant reinforcement) and provides confirmation that you really are going in the direction that most of us "think" in.

Well done and thanks again.

---------- Post added July 18th, 2015 at 10:41 PM ----------

BTW, Love the little green dot!

For me the cardinal direction flash would be a distraction. ......
:rofl3:

On the itsy-bitsy compass??? C'mon now!

You get 356 of what you want to see and I'm just asking for 4 of what I want to see. I'm thinking we could both play nicely in that sandbox.

I know that you are just busting on me...

---------- Post added July 19th, 2015 at 01:15 AM ----------

Just go to "Mark Compass" and then hit the right button twice. Watch the BIG numbers.

Something for everybody. That little pup is all I need, won't even call up the big compass unless I'm doing nav.

Will this new compass display increase battery usage? Or were these calculations being run in the background anyway?

I'm on board - your suggestion is a good idea and a minor tweak . And I always like to play and share in our underwater sandbox. Plus, big numbers are great. :wink: charlie

:rofl3:

On the itsy-bitsy compass??? C'mon now!

You get 356 of what you want to see and I'm just asking for 4 of what I want to see. I'm thinking we could both play nicely in that sandbox.

I know that you are just busting on me...

---------- Post added July 19th, 2015 at 01:15 AM ----------

Just go to "Mark Compass" and then hit the right button twice. Watch the BIG numbers.

Something for everybody. That little pup is all I need, won't even call up the big compass unless I'm doing nav.

Last edited:
going out Tuesday and Wednesday to play with the compass in lake travis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom