Petrel1 - not identifying better gas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In regard to my "issue", it's on me. Been a while since I read the manual, and the computer is acting as programmed. Couple e-mail exchanges with the SW folks, and all is well! I am at peace.

I almost felt bad for distracting them to this from important stuff.

I tried both styles, in hope that the new style would solve this (it did not). I also sent along a dive log when I sent the e-mail, with more detail. I followed up with a discussion at BTS this year.

The issue might only arise with multiple deco gases (I most often use two, sometimes more). If you send me an e-mail address or a phone number, we can take this offline and post the result, but I'd be thrilled to have it preselect the right gas so all I had to do was confirm.

Diagnostic data sent in...I'll post the results once we (Shearwater and I) figure out what's going on...

So, as most of you probably guessed already, this was a clear case of user error. My best guess is that I didn't see the arrow well (vision correction in the mask notwithstanding) and confused it with the highlighted gas, which is the current one, and not the one you will select if you select the one the arrow points to. Today I paid extremely close attention to the display as I did my deco gas switches. Lo! It does just what the manual says it should do.

Shearwater's diagnostic data provides them with LOTS of information. Depth, time, button presses, gases, the works. Despite that they loaded a computer at the same hardware level with firmware at the same level mine has running, and simulated the dive. All of this is really cool.

They were of course unable to duplicate the "problem" (the one between the user's ears, that is).

So: Many thanks to Shearwater. Sorry for any confusion I caused anyone else, and to Tim at Shearwater who spent time trying to find my wetware problem in the lab.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom