Peurto Vallarta in March?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dashark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
How is the diving in PV in late March? Is the water starting to warm up at that time? What about the vis?

Also, anyone have any experience surfing down there that time of year? Worth bringing a board?

Thanks.....

My husband and I dove in Puerto Vallarta early March last year. We had a great time! Vis was about 30 - 40ft. We saw humpback whales and the mantas were just coming in...AWESOME!!! Lots of eels and puffers! The water temp was in the low 70's. We loved the diving and will go back some time.

My uncle lives in San Pancho, which is about 45 minutes from Puerto Vallarta. He's a surfer from Cali and surfs in Saulita (?) everyday when he's out there (he heads down from December to March goes back to Cali for a couple of weeks then back down from late April to June)...Saulita is about 10 minutes from San Pancho. I guess the surfing is great in August...he always take a group of friends down then.

I would highly recommend diving while there and would recommend going through Puerto Vallarta Divers...Leslie and Nacho are EXCELLENT!

My Homepage

Happy Diving!

Yes. I have alreaedy read the reviews on that dive op and was planning on diving with them while there.

Thanks....

Hi
Usually in March we still use our 7mm wet suits as the water tends to be in the 60s. The viz can vary a lot depending on the depth. Usually the viz is around 30 ft down to 30-60 ft depth and clears to 100+ after that, so more experience divers will enjoy great viz at Devil's Canyon, which is a beautiful wall, in Los Arcos National Underwater Park or at other locations.
Please look us up if Leslie and Nacho are busy.
regards
Alex from PVScuba

if your staying in sayulita or in san pancho, i think it would be worth it to bring your surfboard. if you have to travel to get there you might just want to rent a board .
i think you take your chances in march on the water temp and vis. some marches have been nice and water not too cold and other years the water had been 56 degrees in the thermal cline.
for example 2 weeks ago the water was in the low 60 and a couple of days ago was in the low 70s. the water here (outside of the summer months) is really hard to predict what it will be doing on any given day. i think it is a matter of luck.
looking forward to hearing from you,
leslie

Thanks for the good info. you will be hearing from us...probably more towards later spring as we don't wish to travel during spring break.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom